Sign in to follow this  
Flashie_Dirk

Additional Dice

The last thing I would do is use an app to roll dice for a board game. It takes away the fun of actually rolling the dice and allowing the interation of physical dice with the table to determine your fate.

We want more dices!!!! I do not want players to use the iphone for playing because they break the atmosphere as from time to time they are watching if somebody answered them. Ok let's play as always!!!

reirsonreirreir

Last weekend, I compared the 2nd edition dice with the 1st edition ones, hoping that they'd be compatible in some way.  No dice (sorry for the pun).  But I did notice that there are no green dice in 2nd edition.

And then came the second expansion along, adding the green dice back.  So maybe FFG were simply holding back the additional dice sets until all dice were introduced in the game.  One can hope …

Flashie_Dirk said:

And then came the second expansion along, adding the green dice back.  So maybe FFG were simply holding back the additional dice sets until all dice were introduced in the game.  One can hope …

I doubt that's the case.

For one thing, FFG always sells things in packs that don't require expansions to use.  Even if they knew they were going to add green dice in Labyrinth, I suspect they'd want to sell packs of "core set" dice and possibly packs of "Labyrinth" dice separately.

Secondly, we still don't know for sure if future expansions will add new dice to the game.  FFG may not even know as yet whether or not they'll add more dice in later expansions that haven't been designed yet.

Maybe they're still mulling over whether or not they want to sell dice separately since these dice are all plastic (the packs would have to be expensive - relatively speaking - to cover the costs of plastic these days.)

Personally, I think I would like some extra defense dice, at least.  Not sure that I really need extra attack dice.  However, there were a couple of posters a few pages back who had some pretty good alternative methods for making their own custom dice.  If you don't want to wait on FFG to make a decision (and you may end up waiting a long time if you do), you could investigate those options.

Just to add my "vote" to this thread:

I would absolutely buy at least one extra dice set, in order to have one set for the heroes and one set for the overlord. I believe that's the bare minimum…

Here's to hoping FFG decides to release those dice sets soon!

TylerT said:

and no green dice in the set :/ 

i will still be buying two sets. let those "heros" share. 

Don't worry!  If post-Labyrinth expansions want to use green dice, they'll have to include them in those sets, too.  I imagine there's quite a bit of design space in using the green dice, so as long as you keep buying expansions, you'll probably wind up with more green dice than you know what to do with.