Sign in to follow this  
packbuckbrew

My battlelore storage ideas

Thanks for the comments, and yes I also saw the amazing you tube video of a battlelore chest and used that as my inspiration (or stole the idea).  The other stuff is confrontation storage and a battlefield I just finished using hirst arts molds.  If I did the battlelore again, I would definitely use the approach I used for the confrontation minatures.   I used cheap wood boxes from Michaels and placed magnetic tape inside with washers cemented to the figure bases.  It was quick and easily and looks great.  I also got a little better at making stencils to label the boxes.

Love the chest - which I could make something of that nature.    Any possibilities of how much it cost and/or how to design it?  I do have a very well talented step-father and maybe I can persuade him to make me something like that. 

Thus if you have any plans or point me in the direction of where one might be..that would be swell!

Cab

I purchased the trunk here javascript:void(0);/*1234914590576*/ 
And made stencils with the Battlelore, english, and french logos for inside the lid.  We use this to keep score of battles won.  As you can see, my son is kicking my a--.  The individual boxes I made with 1/4" plywood and basswood strips to separate the minatures.  I simply measured how much room I had in the chest, then divided things up to fit the minis.  I found wood pieces at home depot exactly the height I needed for the flags to not interfere with closing.  The "lattice" for the interior of the boxes is easy to make on a table saw.  Simply put all the strips together and cut the width you need to allow the pieces to fit together and then glue/paint.  The same stencils were used to label the boxes.  All and all, a fun project.  I would say the whole thing took me about 1/2 a season of 24 on DVD to finish;)

I find that putting the magnet on the bottom of the figure and using cheep sheet metal in the  storage is more flexible, that way you can make smaller metal trays for each unit to use in the game.

Not that big of a deal in battle lore, but try moveing a hundred and eighty individual GW figs.

It's fast to apply the magnets, I did the above mentioned GW figs in less than ninety minutes.

Just peel off the backing on the magnet, press the fig on, then use a hobby knife to cut around the base.

You'll find your magnets go farther this way too.