Sign in to follow this  
drapulv

Rains of Autumn vs. All the Gold in Casterly Rock

Hi!

If both these plot cards are played in the same round, does the Lannister player still collect gold for each location he controls or does it counts as an income bonus?

Rains of Autumn:
Characters, locations, and attachments do not provide income bonuses this round.

All the Gold in Casterly Rock: 
House Lannister only.
Each [Lannister] location you control adds +1 to your income.

drapulv said:

Hi!

If both these plot cards are played in the same round, does the Lannister player still collect gold for each location he controls or does it counts as an income bonus?

Rains of Autumn:
Characters, locations, and attachments do not provide income bonuses this round.

House Lannister only.

Seems to me that the +1's granted by All the Gold would be considered income bonuses, and thus wiped out by Rains.  If it had said "add +1 to your Income for every Lannister location" I might be inclined to feel differently.

KristoffStark said:

Seems to me that the +1's granted by All the Gold would be considered income bonuses, and thus wiped out by Rains.  

Thanks, thats what I thought too. A couple of my friends didn´t agree though (one being the Lannister player of coursehappy.gif).

I disagree, the effect that grants the bonus is a plot one so it isnt bothered by rains, it dosent state that its a gold bonus, just that each location is +1 gold to income. I play stark and my regular opponent is lannister and we both agreed that it seemed fine like that, in a similar vein to feast or famine.

KristoffStark said:

drapulv said:

Hi!

Rains of Autumn:

House Lannister only.

Seems to me that the +1's granted by All the Gold would be considered income bonuses, and thus wiped out by Rains.  If it had said "add +1 to your Income for every Lannister location" I might be inclined to feel differently.

I concur. I'm a Lannister player myself but, as worded, it gives each Lannister location a +1 gold bonus and, therefore, Rains of Autumn overrides it. To dodge effects like Rains of Autumn, it would need to be worded "Add 1 gold to your gold pool for each Lannister location."

I also agree that it is considered a +1 gold bonus on each Lannister location and Rains of Autumn would remove it.

If it also said "Each Lannister location gains the printed text… 'Count +1 gold when you count income.'" then it would not be considered a gold bonus.

I'm interested in ktom's opinion on this just in case it ever happens to me.  :-)

johnn0411 said:

i disagree i think its saying you gain +1 gold for each location not each location you control gains +1 gold

"Each [Lannister] location you control adds +1 to your income."

It says that the location itself adds the +1 to your income.

FFG ruled on this years ago when the plot was new. I don't really remember, but I think they said it was the plot effect adding the bonus, not the locations themselves, when income was counted, but I could be wrong, or they could have changed their minds.

It's definitely something you're going to want a dictated, official ruling on, so I'd suggest sending it in.

i am not sure if +1 to your income is the same as an income bonus i dont have the rules infront of me but do the rules say an income bonus is something with the gold icon? 

The rules say that the large gold coins are income bonuses and penalties. They do not say that all income bonuses and penalties involve gold coins, though.

Hi all!

Reply from FFG:

"Rains of Autumn does not effect All the Gold in Casterly Rock.

All the Gold in Casterly Rock does not cause each of your Lannister locations to gain +1 gold. The plot adds +1 to your income for each Lannister location you control. Just as you can run the agenda Knights of the Hollow Hill and still gain the income bonus from a Black Raven attached to your House card."

According to all answers, for and against, this one was a bit hard to decide.  happy.gif 

Thank You for all replies!

drapulv said:

Hi all!

Reply from FFG:

"Rains of Autumn does not effect All the Gold in Casterly Rock.

All the Gold in Casterly Rock does not cause each of your Lannister locations to gain +1 gold. The plot adds +1 to your income for each Lannister location you control. Just as you can run the agenda Knights of the Hollow Hill and still gain the income bonus from a Black Raven attached to your House card."

According to all answers, for and against, this one was a bit hard to decide.  happy.gif 

Thank You for all replies!

Good work getting to the bottom of that!