Sign in to follow this  
TCBC Freak

Cavalry?

Does anyone think adding a Cavalry Regiment Type would be a good idea? My friends and I were talking and felt that it might be cool but before I start working on something and posting it here I want to get a feel for what other players thought? The Tallarn Desert Raiders are known for still using mounted Cavalry and now in the TT the Space Wolves even have mounted men on giant wolves! Not to mention some demons ride other demons… I could go on, but you get the idea that it isn't out of the realm of possibility within fluff. With the right skills and such I think it could be cool.

Feedback people! Is it worth the work to make? Bring it on, I can take it!! lol

I think the easiest way to handle alot of this is just to say the regiment has an item of common-scarce value (horses) attached to it. All of a sudden the players have horses, and the only thing to figure are mount mechanics. I would say have an "operate" skill for riding them, and give them a profile similar to vehicles, like a walker, but give them wounds instead of structure.

KommissarK said:

I think the easiest way to handle alot of this is just to say the regiment has an item of common-scarce value (horses) attached to it. All of a sudden the players have horses, and the only thing to figure are mount mechanics. I would say have an "operate" skill for riding them, and give them a profile similar to vehicles, like a walker, but give them wounds instead of structure.

I like the idea of using Extra Equipment to add the horses, but Wrangling in the other games deals with riding animals, so would they need Survival trained now to use them in war as opposed to Operate (Surface or the like)?

Certainly, thats probably the more appropriate skill. I was just trying to keep the rules consistent with vehicles, mainly to avoid confusion when it came to manouvers and what not. But I think the bulk of the vehicle combat rules should cover how they would work. They're already built to account for things like attack bikes it looks like.