Sign in to follow this  
antony131073

Alternate future -shadow play

Dead stars spoiler

I have just run blasted city and found it to be quite clear as a prod towards letting haarlock walk free. As presented I am not sure that shadow play illustrates good reasoning for stopping him. The shadow protagonists are presented as enemies of haarlock in my opinion. How did you emphasise that this alternate future presents a reason to stop haarlock returning?

antony131073 said:

Dead stars spoiler

I have just run blasted city and found it to be quite clear as a prod towards letting haarlock walk free. As presented I am not sure that shadow play illustrates good reasoning for stopping him. The shadow protagonists are presented as enemies of haarlock in my opinion. How did you emphasise that this alternate future presents a reason to stop haarlock returning?

DEAD STARS SPOILERS

DEAD STARS SPOILERS

In our game the decision to stop Haarlock aka the Traveller had a lot to do with our conversation with the Hag.  The gist of it was that in the future where we stopped Harlock and the Slaught came the future and fate of the sector would be decided by mortals.  In the future where Harlock returned and raised his deamon army (or whatever it was) they would rebel and the fate of the sector would be out of the hands of mortals up to ancient beings.  So we chose the devil we know, better to face war with the powerful but kill-able Slaught than have the sector overrun by deamons in our opinion.