Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Unclechawie

New Video Trailer

13 posts in this topic

 While I plan on buying Descent 2nd Edition because I enjoyed 1st Edition so much I have to say the following:

Most recent videos from FFG seem to not do their games justice. If I was at a store with a Fantasy Flight Media Center (and I been to two) this video wouldn't MAKE me want to buy the game. All I would learn is it's a dungeon crawl theme and comes with, admittedly, beautiful minis. Where the substance videos talking about mechanics and things that make the game what it is?

Videos that didn't do their games justice, imho:

  • Descent 2nd Edition (I assume)
  • Fortress America
  • WizWar
  • A Game of Thrones 2nd Edition
  • Blood Bowl: Team Manager

Videos that made me WANT games:

  • Gears of War
  • Mansions of Madness
  • Civilization
  • Rune Wars
  • Chaos in the Old World

I'm just saying it feels like recently FFG isn't doing any favors to their media center owners.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I thought we were supposed to get a Wildlander preview sometime, as they said earlier.

 

Malicain said:

They know how to sell stuff.  I can't wait for the movie to come out.

 

Ummm, no. The Midnight movie they made is a POS.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Columbob said:

I thought we were supposed to get a Wildlander preview sometime, as they said earlier.

 

Malicain said:

 

They know how to sell stuff.  I can't wait for the movie to come out.

 

 

 

Ummm, no. The Midnight movie they made is a POS.

I am still amazed that the Midnight movie didn't sink FFG. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

mmm now that i have seen the video, a horrid image of moldlines and flashes haunts my mind and somehow all the colours of the componements put me off sad.gif they seem bland in a way. And since eyecandy comes 2nd to my gamingexperience, i might consider to postpone this one.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

matthew1980 said:

mmm now that i have seen the video, a horrid image of moldlines and flashes haunts my mind and somehow all the colours of the componements put me off sad.gif they seem bland in a way. And since eyecandy comes 2nd to my gamingexperience, i might consider to postpone this one.

It's all a hell of a lot prettier than 1st Edition!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 Trailer looks great!  I was thinking about "merely" getting the conversion kit, but now it looks like I'll be shelling out the big bucks!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Christian Lindke said:

 Trailer looks great!  I was thinking about "merely" getting the conversion kit, but now it looks like I'll be shelling out the big bucks!

The Conversion Kit does nothing on its own.  You need the D2E base game in order to use the Conversion Kit.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Christian Lindke said:

 Trailer looks great!  I was thinking about "merely" getting the conversion kit, but now it looks like I'll be shelling out the big bucks!

The conversion kit provides 2e stats for all the old 1e figures, that's all.  No gear, no class cards, no new dice, etc.

It does not allow you play 2e rules using the 1e components, it just allows you to use the 1e figures while playing with the 2e components provided in the 2e base box.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0