Sign in to follow this  
muemakan

Loragorn meets Glorfirit

why? whats it mean?

personally im not keen on all these 'celebrity magazine' style names being given to tolkiens creations ….i can hear the poor man turning in his grave everytime somone says ziggy or lorargorn….but each to their own

Just for convenience. 

And don´t you think the poor man started turning in his grave a long time ago……..

And by the way, a totally unrelated topic. How on earth do I got 79 forum points  and you only 78. With you posting a lot and writing the super lore series and me doing very little. Not that I know what they are for anyways, but I just noticed the other day…..

cordeirooo said:

"Spindel" sounds like it is a pokemon. 

I had to wear a pikachu costume at some student job one day. Apart from this one I don´t know any pokemons. Guess I am too old.

cordeirooo said:

"Spindel" sounds like it is a pokemon. 

That's because it sounds like Spinda, the normal-type panda pokémon from generation 3 . . . I think I just revealed too much information about myself.

In any case, Spirifindel doesn't sound as much like a Pokémon, and it follows the trend of the sphere coming in the first part of the name. But it sounds like Glorfirit is the winning name, though every time I look at it I think it has the word "flirt" in there somewhere.

muemakan said:

Just for convenience. 

And don´t you think the poor man started turning in his grave a long time ago……..

And by the way, a totally unrelated topic. How on earth do I got 79 forum points  and you only 78. With you posting a lot and writing the super lore series and me doing very little. Not that I know what they are for anyways, but I just noticed the other day…..

yeah i suppose youre right haha ….and i have no idea what theyre for!

personally, I think HE IS AWESOME!!!! but the power curve for this game is rising to quickly… compare the first adventure pack where you really had to struggle with the encounter deck… or khazad-dum… with the newest cards, these old quests are not a problem anymore… and the new ones… what do you think people? getting easier? or heavier?

i think the problem is the player card curve is rising more steeply than the quest difficulty curve……hence we are indeed getting harder quests, they just seem easier as were getting very powerful cards each pack

richsabre said:

i think the problem is the player card curve is rising more steeply than the quest difficulty curve……hence we are indeed getting harder quests, they just seem easier as were getting very powerful cards each pack

This is very true. Going back to some older quests with new decks can be quite a bit easier. Even Anduin isn't so terrifying with some new style decks. Personally I'm having huge trouble with WiW, but I think it's because a) I misread the tentacle cards, and didn't realise they are the attachment if they attach and b) the deck I tried with had no scrying, and wasn't killy enough to kill the Watcher. Not sure what my point was with that ramble…

Mattr0polis said:

Bullroarer Took said:

I like Lorefindel better for the core model.

New winner. ^_^

Yup.  The beauty of "Loragorn" was that it didn't change the basic "sound" of his name.  Glorfirit or Spindel are vastly different sounding than Glorfindel.  Corefindel or Lorefindel keep the same basic phonetics.  Lorefindel has the same pattern of using the sphere.  Either sound great!

benhanses said:

Mattr0polis said:

Bullroarer Took said:

I like Lorefindel better for the core model.

New winner. ^_^

Yup.  The beauty of "Loragorn" was that it didn't change the basic "sound" of his name.  Glorfirit or Spindel are vastly different sounding than Glorfindel.  Corefindel or Lorefindel keep the same basic phonetics.  Lorefindel has the same pattern of using the sphere.  Either sound great!

Based on what you say, Spirfindel should work for the new one.

In any case, it's better than Spindel or Glorfirit