Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
WatchItPlayed

: Get all the rules on 2 Pages: The Core Rules In 8 Pages - Help Refine It!

13 posts in this topic

You might have seen the Unit Cards I designed and several members here helped perfect (you can find them here: http://www.fantasyflightgames.com/edge_foros_discusion.asp?efid=253&efcid=6&efidt=653464&efpag=0), this is the companion document for those.

My aim here, is that if you've read the Core Rulebook and then have the unit cards from the other thread and this 8 Page document, you are ready to teach and reference the rules in the most efficient way possible.

I love fluff and I love pictures, but once I've read the rulebook, I don't want a 100 page fluff piece, I want the facts ma'am, just the facts.

I'm trying to keep this document to as few pages as possible, while maintaing legibility (which is why this isn't on two pages of 6pt font).

Also, I truly hope for this to be a complete set of the rules, trimmed down to it's essential elements.  I could trim it down further if I was trying to make a bullet point reference doc, but I'd prefer this convey all the rules.

Thing is, I have yet to play the game, so I have no idea if this reads right, or covers things as clearly as it could.  I would really appreciate anyone willing to look over the document and provide feedback - primarily to ensure I have the rules right and to clear up any ambiguities.  I had a thread for this before, but you'll forfgive me (hopefully) for starting a new one.

Here's the document.

UPDATED July 2, 20120: http://bit.ly/J8ppmc

UPDATED July 2, 2012: Get all the rules on 2 Pages! members.accesswave.ca/~rcasmith/Dust%20Warfare%20-%20Compressed.pdf

536RodneySmith said:

Thing is, I have yet to play the game,.

sorpresa.gif

Once I get over the shock of that statement, and have more time, I'll give it a look - Probably this weekend sometime. 

But I have to ask…

Why haven't you played yet?  Your cards are glorious. Everyone in our whole group is using them. Can't find opponents?  Are you manning a missile silo in Siberia?

Edit to add: Oh yes, Ye olde Veteran Soldier's Reference manual. I've actually used it in a demo. It looks pretty good. I remember a few things I'd change we're in there, but for the life of me, I can't remember what they were. When/if I do, I'll post it here. I do recall it was very good though, and actually reminded one of our other players who read it of a couple of rules he'd missed and was playing wrong. 

Shadow4ce said:

But I have to ask…

Why haven't you played yet?  Your cards are glorious. Everyone in our whole group is using them. Can't find opponents?  Are you manning a missile silo in Siberia?

Clearly, he's been too busy cranking out awesome card designs and player aids. aplauso.gif

I've downloaded the doc and will give it a once over.

Looking great after first read I found this small typo/missing words thing…

Spray Weapons: Roll a number of Combat Dice equal to t of miniatures in the target unit.