Sign in to follow this  
Major Mishap

Kent, UK Wargames Event

The games went really well with the SSU winning 2 out of the 3 games.  Even though the terrain was really close packed, the lack of long range firepower really did show and I designed the armies and scenario to give a balanced game.  Flying in with loaded choppers is in the hands of the dice gods as to whether they will survive or not, I they can loose their cargo first and destroy the enemy AA then they are almost invulnerable for the rest of the game.

FlorisH said:

How was it?

Didn't find out about it till Saturday, so not enough time to sort childcare for the day. Shame.

Same, only read this today. More advance notice for Dust Tactics UK games please !

Major Mishap said:

We'll be at Skirmish in Sidcup in  September :)

two and a half hours drive and plenty of notice. Dont' see why I would not be able to say hello on the day (and roll some dice).

Major Mishap said:

The show is a very small affair though with half of it taken up with toy soldiers, but then you've flown to Europe not to roll dice :)

The Belgium "adventure" is making it hard to convince the boss at home to let me fly to the World Championships in November.

About Skirmish, I normally don't last long when it comes to walking round tables with people selling things so I'll be hanging out at the Dust table all day, so it doesn't matter to me if there are 4 or 40 traders.