Sign in to follow this  
Warboss Krag

Ivan and his armor

While looking over the threads discussing composing army lists, I was struck by the limitation of chosing purely combined arms as the only option. Well, I suppose a player could build a list consisting of nothing but infantry - too easy to do with the zombie list - but that strikes me as a rarity.

My point being that it's currently impossible to build an armored list, particularly since armor lacks command vehicles to serve as command squads.  But the Russians, with an upcoming box of KV-47 suits, may well be different. Could it be that we might see a battlefield list consisting of mostly, or completely, armored vehicles?

As much as I like the option to do an armoured list, given the apparent tournament focus I'm not sure how easy it'd be to sufficiently points ballance such a list. Lists going heavily in 1 extreme tend to break 'normal' points values but I guess that platoon could have its own points values?

Peacekeeper_b said:

I havent seen a walker fielded in Dust Warfare yet. The emphasis in out group has been that they are pricey and not worth it.

The Lothar for the Axis and the Steel Rain and Mickey for the Allies are very useful units.

Peacekeeper_b said:

I havent seen a walker fielded in Dust Warfare yet. The emphasis in out group has been that they are pricey and not worth it.

I did well with a Blackhawk and Mickey Saturday.  And my opponent fielded about 3 axis walkers.  Not being able to suppress them is pretty huge, they are definitely worth their points like everything else so far.

I have learned to loathe my sons "Honey".  Those **** dual 120w phasers are nasty and he hates my "Hans" combined with an observer team.  His steel rain is also quite nasty and requires a Lothar or Ludwig to counter what it can do.  I can see having fun with nothing but infantry but I can't imagine facing a "Honey" for instance and its 24 inch range and no armor saves with nothing but infantry. 

I concur on the immunity to suppression being a big win for walkers. And heavy walkers are so powerful it's been crazy. You really have to swarm a heavy with infantry in order to take one down. Medium and certain light walkers have a much easier time of it though. So really in this game combined arms is stronger than than running an extreme of all walkers or all infantry.