Sign in to follow this  
hav0k

Easier brig escape

After reading several posts and comments, I find that the Brig can be very boring and limiting for players there.

I know there are several things that a player can do in the Brig, and still have some fun but getting out is the problem. If I am reading the rules correctly, and according to the mechanics, it is impossible for a character to get out of the brig by their own. May be with the exception of Zarek, the character in the brig will need to use a 5 points skill card plus help from others...

Due to this, I thought about an option that may spice the game a little, and make the escape a little easier, at least for the characters that have access to the right skill card type:

Bring down the skill check to get out of the brig to 5, instead of 7.

I would also add "leadership" to the skill check for that location (I think it fits in the setting).

Why? In that way there has to be interaction from other players, that will have to use at least one card, in order to prevent the possibility of the character in the brig using a 5 point skill card and get out.

Any comment on this? Would it work?

It's not impossible, just unlikley.  If nobody plays cards against you, you're depending on the Destiny deck to help you out.  However, even if the Destiny Deck nets you nothing (both cards cancel each other out) you can still do it with a 5 value card and a declare emergancy card.

Every character in the game draws at least one of the two colors to get out of the Brig, so you always get the opportunity to play a card for yourself. If you are the cylon, stuck in the Brig, you really have to decide at which point to cut your losses and just reveal yourself. Or (and this goes for the human wasting away in the Brig) really, truly convince the other players (or at least the President) to let you out. We've had games where players have spent almost the entire game in the Brig, and almost every time they were the cylon player. Making it easier for the cylon to get out doesn't make much sense.

Sam Gamgee said:

Yeah, I can't see why it should be easier to get out of jail.

Yep,that's what jail is all about.

When I see brig complaints it's almost always from someone abusing the brig.  The brig is not just a funny place to toss someone because they MIGHT be a Cylon.  You need to KNOW.  If you don't and you lead a charge to toss someone in there, you'd better be ready to serve some time yourself if it doesn't pan out.

it's no necessary to escape from the bring...

yesterday one of our humans entered the bring and all his actions were executive orders to other human, so he helped equal in the jail as he were out... the minor problem was he can only use one card in each skill check...

really, he didn't need to go out and the other human made the necessary to win the skills checks that were necessary... you only need to know in wich skill check you've to bet.

Being in the brig is a sad, lonely experience. Especially if you know that character is a human. Of course, if you can choose a character to go to the sickbay, give the human a break. Unless you're a cylon, that is...

kroeade said:

it's no necessary to escape from the bring...

yesterday one of our humans entered the bring and all his actions were executive orders to other human, so he helped equal in the jail as he were out... the minor problem was he can only use one card in each skill check...

really, he didn't need to go out and the other human made the necessary to win the skills checks that were necessary... you only need to know in wich skill check you've to bet.

That's IF you pick up Leadership skill cards.

Being put in the brig because other humans are unsure about you or cylons are sabotaging is part of the game.