Sign in to follow this  
adlerhobby

Tuesday game pics

What was the result of the monkey/ walker standoff? Or was that a staged photo? I'm still flip- flopping over whether 5 wounds is better than 3 in my builds.

We placed the terrain by how its done in the book then played a mission after spending our points per the book, the gorillas move up to take a a rocket punch team killed all but one then the phaser s on the like walked killed them off with some awesome rolling , it was a bloods scene, and only our fourth game we are learning …the amount of terrian was as in the book fill 1/4 then take turns deploying with min 4 inch spacing we thought it worked out very well, to avoid the "40K creep" we might add that after terrain is deployed you then pick a side so terrain is placed fair but we also thought with the 4 inch min distance, it might avoid any weird "fort" building…LOL

I guess my problems with terrain placement rules (in any game) is that the table never ever looks like a battlefield and is instead just a bunch of random stuff thrown everywhere. I feel like it misses the point of wargaming.

bigsquig said:

I guess my problems with terrain placement rules (in any game) is that the table never ever looks like a battlefield and is instead just a bunch of random stuff thrown everywhere. I feel like it misses the point of wargaming.

Yeah.  The other way we play is that one person places the terrain and the other person chooses which side their on.

This way the player placing the terrain can do fun things and make it look realistic, but it also promotes making the terrain balanced as his/her opponent will get to choose the side to deploy on.

felkor said:

bigsquig said:

Yeah.  The other way we play is that one person places the terrain and the other person chooses which side their on.

This way the player placing the terrain can do fun things and make it look realistic, but it also promotes making the terrain balanced as his/her opponent will get to choose the side to deploy on.

This is my favored way to go as well.