Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Ryoto

Settings and Characteristic checks (typing error?)

Recommended Posts

Hello, im new here and at this game, and i have few questions about rules and settings.

First one is about the settings of this game. Everywhere on the internet is wrote, that this game is inspired by Final Fantasy. But when i look on FF, i see there much more mecha, robots, machine towns, motor airships and much more. Look for example on Final Fantasy X-2 first opening video. Yes, there is a concert, Yuna has microphone and there is so many scifi elements. I think that scene is not possible in the Gaia world, or am i wrong? (I havent read yet this book)

And second one is about characteristic checks. In rule book on page 6 is example of situation, when Celia has STR 5 and her opponent Serenade, has STR 11. It means, that difference here is greater than 4 (by 2 points). Next is there wrote, that Serenade will doubles those two additional points, when making the check, like that 2 (difference) x 2 (doubles) is 4. And 4 + her STR 11 is 15. But in example is wrote, that she has STR 13. Is this typing error, or there is something i dont get?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 As for the setting, it isn't Final Fantasy. Don't expect that. The game system was inspired by JRPGs. That's where the similarities end. The setting is awesome, but it isn't sci-fi. As for the translation, it's probably murky. If someone has a Spanish copy, then maybe they can help.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There is a rumour that this was supposed to be the Final Fantasy RPG, but the licensing got removed. So it is not the Final Fantasy RPG any more, rather it was going to be or not.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Lia Valenth said:

 

There is a rumour that this was supposed to be the Final Fantasy RPG, but the licensing got removed. So it is not the Final Fantasy RPG any more, rather it was going to be or not.

 

 

sorpresa.gif

Wow, although it's a rumor, that would not only explain alot, but also give Anima a special kind nobility from my point of view. *FF-Fan*

 

Ryoto said:

 

Hello, im new here and at this game, and i have few questions about rules and settings.

First one is about the settings of this game. Everywhere on the internet is wrote, that this game is inspired by Final Fantasy. But when i look on FF, i see there much more mecha, robots, machine towns, motor airships and much more. Look for example on Final Fantasy X-2 first opening video. Yes, there is a concert, Yuna has microphone and there is so many scifi elements. I think that scene is not possible in the Gaia world, or am i wrong? (I havent read yet this book)

 

Well, I think it is hard to say what is the standard setting for Final Fantasy, so you could compare it with that of Anima. Final Fantasy served all kinds of settings over the time - often multiple in one game (as Anima does by the way with the high technological forces in the shadows, and the split up worlds).

I think the core flavour of Final Fantasy doesn't come with the setting - or better: the time. Because no matter what time you play in, you could allways easily figure out if your game is Final Fantasy or not - partly because the art style and overall atmosphere lives seperatly to just the technological timeframe. But on the other hand also because the system of powers, magic, beasts, and the kind of storytelling stay the same.

And these are things that are definitly highly comparable in both versions. They gave you all the possibilities to have those seen powers in alot of detail. (they even seperated beast summoning through magic from KI Invocation for fighters == purely FF inspired, because they came up with summoner fighters, although it got copied a bit over time in some other JRPGs).

This is why I also present Anima as RPG Final Fantasy (/ + generell Anime) to others. It is not a question of a special setting (which by the way will also  allways be adapted a bit depending on the groups taste you play in), but of the underlying system and the art flavour that presents it.

Ryoto said:

 

And second one is about characteristic checks. In rule book on page 6 is example of situation, when Celia has STR 5 and her opponent Serenade, has STR 11. It means, that difference here is greater than 4 (by 2 points). Next is there wrote, that Serenade will doubles those two additional points, when making the check, like that 2 (difference) x 2 (doubles) is 4. And 4 + her STR 11 is 15. But in example is wrote, that she has STR 13. Is this typing error, or there is something i dont get?

 

You only double the points above those limit of '4 more' and add them to those limit. In this case you therefore only double the points that come after strength 9 (5+4). You have 2 points more than that to eleven, so you double those 2 points up to 4 and add them to the 9, which is 13.

The error you made is that you assigned a bonus with the value of double the difference additionally to the allready present difference of 2. But the rules only say that you double those difference, so you only add it once more (+2 in this case).

 

------OT----
.oO( I find the smiley variety here pretty unsatisfying. I don't allways find the expression I need, which wouldn't be so much of a problem if I could just import smileys from elsewhere. But it seems that you cannot import any kind of picture, only link it. )

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think i now understand.
When one character has STR 8 and second character has STR 15 it will  be like this:

15 - 8 = 7
Its more than 4 about 3.

This is Strength line: 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 1 1 1 1 2 2 2
0 = one point of strength of our first character
1 = difference points counted as 1 point
2 = difference points counted as 2 points
all together = strength of our second character

Now, we summarize difference points: 4 + 6 = 10
Now we know, that difference must be 10, we will rise STR of our stronger character to this difference to the 18, and we are done. :)

Now im reading that Gaia book, chapter about The Lost Logias, and it looks interesting…
 Thanks for replies, especially to Rii Nagaja. :)
I must now find the fastest way to create character, because i think it took long, and my players does not understand english very well… It will be hard. :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...