Sign in to follow this  
Gaztutts

Range - on cards

Good Evening.

If a card has a range increment as part of its criteria i.e Medium range, does that mean . . .

* It can only be used at Medium Range?

* It can be used at any range up to Medium?

Many thanks in advance

/bow

happy.gif

The card in question is a print on demand one from the Sigmar set. Think it's called twin comets and one of its requirements is "Medium range"

Thanks.

/bow

Twin Tailed Comet has the wreath set icon that I think is from the core set, but is clearly the one you're talking about.

While it's possible it's an error, based on the description of the spell I would be inclined to rule it as "exactly at medium range." The other cards say things like "within medium range" and there's plenty of room in the text so I doubt it's a contraction for space concerns. I can see the argument that for the nature of the ranged attack, a commet flying from your hand that it could be intended to not be used at close range.

I doubt anything would be 'broken' or unbalanced if you ruled differently, though.

Edit: On consideration, I kind of like the requirement that it has to be medium range. It makes combat a little more interesting by encouraging movement and different ranges. In an open environment if the priest isn't engaged it's trivial to maneuver from close to medium to cast the blessing. In a closed environment its a restriction that could lead to more interesting tactics.

In my game I would definitely rule that it's only usable if the target is at medium range. (I'd have to double check on what happens if the target moves from medium to close range before sufficient favor is curried.)

i think we discussed that already, and we came to the desicion that for example a spell with medium range can be used at medium range MAX. so short range is okay. and if not elsewhere specified also when you are engaged (adds a challenge die maybe)

so long range cards are useable on long, medium and short range (if not elsewhere specified)