Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Tetsugaku-San

Dark Heresy: Second Edition - ever likely to happen?

52 posts in this topic

Gurkhal, could you explain which Calixis stuff you'd have to update to make it fit? Supplement stuff, sure, but most of the things are pretty much the same fluff wise, it's the rules for how the game is played that's changed. 

That exactly what I mean! The fluff may remain but if I want to play in the Calixis Sector there will be a whole load of things I need to convert over to an entire new rule system. It drags me down with doing work that I normally pay a good number of bucks to have other people at FFG do for me.  

I was really expecting something along the lines of an amalgamation of the existing Dark Heresy rules and those from Only War.  This is something significantly different than what people seemed interested in seeing from the posts on the forums.

The lack of strong compatibility between what is currently on the market and the new edition is particularly annoying when I look at the almost $1500 I have invested in both hard copies and PDFs just for DH alone.  This sort of "strategy" is one which can, and has, alienated customers from continuing to support a product line.

To be fair, though, I do like some of the changes to parts of the system.  However, the system seems much more "clunky" rather than being easier to work with over the older mechanics.  Perhaps that just comes from familiarity.

-=Brother Praetus=-