Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
elyeti

Two doubts / The fall of House Lynch (spoilers)

4 posts in this topic

Hi everyone!

We have just played our second MoM game (The fall of House Lynch) and we have two doubts:

1.- Can two players hide in the same hideout?

2.- (spoiler) Do they have to spend movement points when trying to escape from the house, or solving the puzzle is enough to escape and win?

Thank you!

I'm not sure about your second question, but after reading the rules which state that you have to place the investigator on the hiding space, I think that you can only put one.  My reasoning is that you couldn't easily fit more than one, and thematically, more than one is kind of silly.  MoM is a heavily themed game, and I don't think a bunch of investigators piled into a trunk like clowns in a car fits the mood.

Hi.

(1) The English rules are ambiguous. I would have no trouble with more then one investigator hiding in the same location. Just think of the "silly" moments in various funny horror- or crime-movies … ;) But according to the translated version (German) it reads more like one investigator per hiding place.

(2) You refer to the *SPOILER* goal in which the investigators have to flee the House of Lynch, right? The lock in question locks a door; and in order to pass that door (leave the House of Lynch) you need to spend a movement or an action, which applies for solving the lock-puzzle.

All the best!

Mad

Thank you!

I prefer one investigator per hiding place too, more than one sounds a little bit tacky.