Sign in to follow this  
antony131073

Untouchable and hammerhand

The psyker in my game pretty much anhilated the slaugh destructor single handed in my game last night. I decided that as hammerhand is an internal effect it would not be stopped by untouchable. What do you think? The psyker was hitting the slaugh for 26 ish damage three times in the same round! God I hate high level play in role playing games, it gets so unbalanced.

I'm reasonably certain a null actually projects an area of influence around them in which psychic powers don't work, not just on them personally (this might be different for Slaugth). Hammerhand shouldn't work if the psyker is in that area.

PnPgamer said:

Yes I agree with it. If it is null, NOTHING relating to warp should work (even daemons should start make checks of warp instability?)

The radical's handbook has a blank background package that has rulings on just this. I'm at work or I'd give better feedback sorry x_X

Reading the Psychic Invulnerability trait in the Radical's Handbook does make it seem that the hammerhands should have failed. I'm curious as how would you correct that fairly with the PC. Is it as cut and dried as "he got away with one"? Or, might you, in exchange for allowing the psychic powers working when they shouldn't have, assign corruption and/or insanity points to account for manifesting powers when they should have failed?

I am not myself a D.H. gamemaster but I master and have been mastering other games so here is my take, I'd have him get away with it, they'd just earn a bit less X.P. because the enemy wasn't as powerful. Just like when players forget to take a bonus they might have on a roll into account and they realise it later as the plot has already moved on, the same goes for us on the other side of the screen.

Unless you want to write a plausible explanation as of why his powers easily bypassed the Untouchable disruption zone, I advice against handing out Corruption/Insanity points. You might decide a daemon lent him his might - the actual extra +10 to the threshold to manifest a power - but that has to be done in collaboration with the player as it could change the rest of the campaign. Who is this daemon? What was he doing there? Why did he help the player? What will he ask for in return?….