1. Anthony B. [FATMOUSE]  Greyjoy Winter [top seed]

2. Dennis H. [dcdennis] Stark Winter [3]

3. Derek S. [sirDuck]  Stark Siege [2]

4. Pavel N. - Martell Maester [4]

5. Dan A. [danigral] - Stark Winter [5]

6. Jim M. [OrangeDragon] - Martell KotHH [6]

7. JR G. - Greyjoy Summer [7]

8. Chris M. [stag Lord] Baratheon Knights [8]

9. Corey F. - Martell Maester [dropped at 4-0 to take care of a very important matter ;-)]

10. Dan S. [Twn2Dn] Targaryen Maester

11. Kyle S. [WolfgangSenff] Martell Summer

12. Robert K. [DCRobb] Greyjoy Winter

13. Jerrin W. - Greyjoy Maester

14. Matt C. - Stark Siege

15. Rachel S. - Targaryen Maester

16. Chris S. [Greyjoy Chris] Baratheon Knights

17. Eliot F. - Martell Knights

18. Kevin M. [Kpmccoy21] Baratheon no agenda

19. Nikki - Stark Wildlings

20. Erick B. [finitesquarewell] Martell KotHH

21.Jack T. - Targaryen Summer

22.Rich A. [Mekros-something-or-other.. eh THE DUDE!]  Greyjoy no agenda

Highest Strength of schedule - dcRobb

HOUSE - # - AVERAGE POINTS IN THE SWISS

----------- --- ------------------------------------------

Stark - 5x- 14.0

Martell - 6x - 13.2

Greyjoy - 6x- 10.8

Baratheon - 2x - 10.0

Targaryen - 3x - 9.3

AGENDA - # - AVERAGE POINTS IN SWISS

------------ --- -------------------------------------

Kings of Winter - 5x - 15.0

Siege of Winterfell - 2x - 15.0

Maester's Path - 5x - 14.6

Knights of the Realm - 2x - 11.5

Kings of Summer - 3x - 10.3

Knights of the Hollow Hill - 2x - 10.0

Wildlings 3A - 1x - 5.0

no agenda - 2x - 2.5

Lesson learned : play an agenda

RESTRICTED CARD - #

--------------------------- ----

Narrow Escape - 4x

Viper's Bannermen - 4x

Fury of the Kraken - 4x

Fear of Winter - 3x

Fury of the Wolf - 3x

Venomous Blade - 1x

Fury of the Stag - 1x

Val - 1x

none - 1x

Tournament Organizer and Sansa Prize: Rich A. (with sage mentorship from Dan S.)

Rules Judge and Regional Champ: Anthony B.

Seeding and Scoring (manual after some idiot left his laptop at home): Matt C.

Trophy Prize donation: Jason [LetsGoRed] - I hope to meet you some day

Thanks to those who travelled from the DC area, Central Penn, Mass, Delaware, and, yes, Long Island!

Adjusted Agenda stats…

Agenda                         #    PTS   Avg Pts
Kings of Winter            5     75        15.0
Maesters                       5     73        14.6
Kings of Summer        3     31        10.3
KotHH                            3      28         9.3
Siege of Winterfell       2      30       15.0
None                              2        5          2.5
Knights of the Realm 1      15        15.0
Wildlings 3A                 1        5          5.0

Also, Fear of Winter accounted for the most Swiss points amongst the restricted cards, followed by Narrow Escape

Wow, Targ got the lowest average points. I wonder if the regionals will be full of targ burn decks after the new Magister illyrio comes out. 

Unbowed, Unbent, Unbroken said:

Wow, Targ got the lowest average points. I wonder if the regionals will be full of targ burn decks after the new Magister illyrio comes out. 

If magister illyrio is in the new block of chapter packs, it will most likely not be legal for regionals.  There was an announcement somewhere saying that only the 6th pack of the tourney of the hand block will be legal.

That being said, I have no idea what pack illyrio is in, but I assume the new block.

Greyjoy Chris said:

also, Greyjoy chris was playing Greyjoy winter… haha not knights

Oops, that is a typo.  It probably dates from when I thought the Chris from LI was Greyjoy Chris.  

Fieras said:

Unbowed, Unbent, Unbroken said:

If magister illyrio is in the new block of chapter packs, it will most likely not be legal for regionals.  There was an announcement somewhere saying that only the 6th pack of the tourney of the hand block will be legal.

That being said, I have no idea what pack illyrio is in, but I assume the new block.

He is in the next chapter pack, first of the cycle.

Fieras said:

Yeah, the new block is not on the list of regionals valid cards

http://www.fantasyflightgames.com/ffg_content/agotlcg/support/AGoT_TourneyRules_2012.pdf

I wouldn't overstate that.

There's this. Sure it's about CoC, but I don't expect them to handle Thrones in a fundamentally different manner.

"The Tournament Rules 2.0.1 document defines all the cards legal for tournament play as of this moment, but this current list is not intended to govern the entire season. We will from time to time update the Tournament Rules document to include Asylum Packs that have been released and become readily available for tournaments. We expect to include Asylum Packs that have been available 3-5 weeks before a Regional Championship event. However, the local Tournament Organizer (T.O.) has the final say about which of the new packs are legal. To avoid any confusion, please contact the T.O. to verify which packs will be legal at a Regional Championship."

http://www.fantasyflightgames.com/edge_news.asp?eidn=3150

Apart from that, it's the TOs who have the final say about what cards are legal at their events anyway.

It confuses me that they release stuff like that.  "Here are the rules, but TOs can completely ignore them if they want."

@Fieras, based on the 3-5 week thing stated in that piece, I'd say Valar Morghulis should still not be legal for Kubla.  Hopefully Joey agrees :)

The AGOT Tournament Rules specifically do not list any of the the Essos cycle as being legal for Regional tournament play.

While FFG reserves the right for TOs to overrule any of FFG's stated tournament rules, practices and interpretations (which is in many ways a bad idea) I strongly feel that everyone should stick to the established FFG procedure for Regional events and not alter any of those rules.

For comparisons sake, if I recall correctly, last year's tournament rules listed the first 3 or 4 packs of Secrets of Oldtown, which at the time were not yet out, but were scheduled to be released during regional season.

Yes - thanks again to Rich and Matt for collating and posting all imnformation. They did a bang up job running this thing adn getting aorund to assembling and posting thsi stuff cna take a while.

And kpmccoy: your poitn to me after the thournmaent bears public repeating. Iteresting that your Bara rush deck with TLS x 3 + Val x 3 missed the cut. but mine that didn't run the combo did not. I was drawing pretty consistently without her throughout (except the game agaisnt hklown and his KoHH deck where Bay of Ice actually netted him more cards than me) and apart form the draw - she doesn't really do anything to help you close the rush quickly.

I think she's actually the #3 Restricted card Baratheon rush should look at after the Fury plot and Narrow Esacpe.

Its still a  silly combo - but as we were saying all along: not broken.

Stag Lord said:

Yes - thanks again to Rich and Matt for collating and posting all imnformation. They did a bang up job running this thing adn getting aorund to assembling and posting thsi stuff cna take a while.

And kpmccoy: your poitn to me after the thournmaent bears public repeating. Iteresting that your Bara rush deck with TLS x 3 + Val x 3 missed the cut. but mine that didn't run the combo did not. I was drawing pretty consistently without her throughout (except the game agaisnt hklown and his KoHH deck where Bay of Ice actually netted him more cards than me) and apart form the draw - she doesn't really do anything to help you close the rush quickly.

I think she's actually the #3 Restricted card Baratheon rush should look at after the Fury plot and Narrow Esacpe.

Its still a  silly combo - but as we were saying all along: not broken.

And yet I won a regional in Tulsa abusing that combo (Val TLS) during the Joust portion.

Greg, as I recall you were not running a traditional Bara/Rush build like Chris and I ran at the Kingsmoot. Not necessarily valid comparing your decks to ours. 

kpmccoy21 said:

Greg, as I recall you were not running a traditional Bara/Rush build like Chris and I ran at the Kingsmoot. Not necessarily valid comparing your decks to ours. 

Correct, my deck wasn't rush at all.  But when evaluating the TLS/Val combo for possible brokenness or overpoweredness, you also can't do so in the narrow view of Bara Rush only.  I was more responding to Stag Lord's comment that Val is the #3 restricted card Bara should consider as well as stating it isn't broken.

Its defitneiyl NOT broken.

It's an easy combo, but its just as easy to neutralize and I would have to see way more examples of  it putting Bara in Top Eight to even start to call it broken.

I know that I played against Stag at the NY regionals, and as soon as I sat down I said something to the effect of 'oh great val+tls' and he said he didn't run that.  I was at first very relieved.  After I thought about it the fury plot is amazing against targ and martell, which I think without looking at the statistics 7-9 of those houses at the tournament, and narrow escape is equally as good if not better against stark or targ kill decks.  I think that in a rush deck the other restricted cards are equal to Val in certain situations and surpass her in others.

That being said, in a control deck its not even close, Val is much better because the game is likely going to last longer, and the ability to out draw your opponent by so many will allow you to get your pieces in place.

Last bit this is nothing against any of the 3 players that have posted about their baratheon experiences mainly because I don't know their skill levels well.  I still think its impossible to compare decks played by different players.  I mean if I gave a brand new player a deck that included every restricted card and broken combo in the world, they still are likely to lose to a top tier player.

I hadn't played since GenCon, so I may not have been the ideal player to make definitive statements about the strength of the Val, TLS combo in a rush deck, but I don't think Bara/Rush is gonna be taking over the environment because TLS is no longer Restricted. As to Greg's point that other Bara builds can abuse TLS/Val, while any build that breaks the environment needs to be monitored, I'm not sure those other Bara builds are there yet, either.