Sign in to follow this  
Nerhesi

Ascension - Psyker's Gift (For Inquisitors)

Can these advances be taken multiple times?

Example, if I choose that as my optional benefit for becoming an inquisitor, can I increase my Psy Rating more than once for 1,500.. can I purchase more than one psychic ascended power?

I ask because it seems rather weird (at least lore wise as I only have started playing the game), that an inquistor would be limited to Psy Rating 7 Max and only 1 Ascended Power  at all…

Or are other ways to continue to increase your psy rating/gain ascended powers? Thanks

Seriously.. i'm sure ALL of you have the ascension book and have played/considered Imperial Psykers becoming inquisitors/etc..

Bump

Sam W.

I asked one of the developers this question in person not too long ago. You may take these advances multiple times. Yes, this means that you could have an Inquisitor (or Interrogator) with a ridiculous Psy Rating. Just one more broken aspect of Ascension.

PS - It's a forum, not a chat room. It may take people longer than 20 minutes to respond, so be patient.

Nerhesi said:

Can these advances be taken multiple times?

Example, if I choose that as my optional benefit for becoming an inquisitor, can I increase my Psy Rating more than once for 1,500.. can I purchase more than one psychic ascended power?

I ask because it seems rather weird (at least lore wise as I only have started playing the game), that an inquistor would be limited to Psy Rating 7 Max and only 1 Ascended Power  at all…

Or are other ways to continue to increase your psy rating/gain ascended powers? Thanks

Indeed you can, but please keep in mind that you will generally be paying  twice as much in XP  for the same benefit as a Primaris Psyker would normally pay. Unless your GM is excessively generous, well . . .

-Kirov

Internus said:

PS - It's a forum, not a chat room. It may take people longer than 20 minutes to respond, so be patient.

a forum - always reminding me of the obtuse individuals,  lacking in manners and basic arithmetic; unless 20 minutes is a metaphor for 16 hours and the thrad going to page 2.

i appreciate your replies folks, thank you.

My apologies indeed. I looked at the two times, not the dates, but even then I'm not quite sure how I only got twenty minutes. In partial defense, I'm on these forums several times a day, so I thought I would have seen it before it had gone to page two. I'm sorry, and humbly request your forgiveness.

Furthermore, I must apologize again, for my assumption that you were new to forums  (based on the facts that you had only registered the day before and that I believed it had only been twenty minutes) was also wrong. I am sorry, and humbly request reconciliation.

Well you get some respect points from me Internus. It's a bit uncommon to see someone own up to a mistake when protected by the anonymity of the internet. Most either bluster or vanish into the digital shadows.

I'm happy to have found this post, I was actually asking myself the same question. I think it's funny (or maybe ironic) that psykers are so frowned upon by the common folk of the Imperium and that without them knowing, one of the most powerful organisation (the Inquisition) employ a relatively huge amount of psyker XD. But then again, it's just another good reason for them to fear the Inquisition.