Sign in to follow this  
phoenixember

KublaCon 2012 Regionals

Hey everyone, just wanted to drop a line to remind people that KublaCon Regionals in Burlingame (just south of San Francisco) is coming up in a little less than a month, the weekend of May 25th-28th. We are expecting a turnout of 30-40 people this year. We weill be running four AGOT events, although only the Joust will count towards the regional championship.

We have secured extra prize support from FFG, and in addition we have also acquired some other fun additions to the prize support pool, including custom made wooden house cards. The first 32 people to sign up for the Joust will also receive the Regionals promo house cards.

Friday May 25th @ 6:00pm - Random Plot Tournament (T.O. John Bruno)

Saturday May 26th @ 9:30am - Melee Championship (T.O. Lucas Sydlaske)

Sunday May 27th @ 9:30am - Joust Regional Championship (T.O. Joey Kreins)

Sunday May 27th @ 6:00pm - 2v2 Random Pairings Tournament (T.O. John Deatrick)

The most current FAQ will be in effect for all tournaments. Also, per Damon Stone, we will be treating Free Man as a "Wildling" not a "Wilding". Rounds in tournaments will vary based on participation. Joust will cut to Top 8 after Swiss rounds. Melee is TBD.

And just to plug a friend's event, even though it's not technically related, John Bruno will also be hosting an Ascension tournament on Saturday May 26th at 7pm.

rings said:

Both Jesse 'Wyndwalker' and I will be there and please reserve us for the Joust! 

Also, reserve me for the first candlelit dinner with Mathlete…

Kubla LOVES aGoT!

Wooooo.  I'll be there too!(really)

rings said:

Also, reserve me for the first candlelit dinner with Mathlete…

Yes!  Dreams do come true!!!  Now, if we can get Wyndmaker to be our waiter…

I'll be there too guys. Already registered.

I'm actually trying to organize open play for every night of Kublacon starting at 10pm. This will be a good way for all of us to meet and play with each other without having to miss out on other activities (most games are held between 10am and 9pm). Help me spread the word. I'm going to try to come up with posters and signs so others can be aware. Let me know if you have any ideas. We will play every night until we're bored or no one is left. Let's meet up in the main room…..wherever that might be = )

I think I will get balloons so people can easily spot the sight! They will be RED.

My contact: vuhuynh101@gmail.com

Thanks,
Vu

I will be there as well and looking forward to this, I have played in a lot of tournaments for other games but this will be my first AGOT tournament. Seems fun and I hope I don't learn that I suck at this game.

Just a heads up:

There are no reserved spots.  There will be a signup sheet out approximately an hour before the event starts (event starts at 930am).

This sign up sheet will be used to claim your spot in the first 32 to sign up.  Consider it an incentive to be on time and/or early.

While we have no ceiling on the number of people to sign up and play, there are only 32 sets of house cards to hand out.

Also,

KUBLA!

Bump!

Kubla is going to be one of the largest regionals (If not THE largest) this year.  We have a ton of prize support, and it's going to be a good time as always.

If you are able to get into the SF bay area on memorial day weekend, this is a must-attend!

4 game of thrones tourneys (Joust, melee, 2v2, random plot) as well as all the board games, RPG games, and every other kind of non-video gaming you can imagine.  Event goes from friday night to monday around noon.

For anyone curious:
John Kraus won Bruno's random plot tournament with Bara rush, beating my Greyjoy Aeron Damphair saves-a-lot deck.  There were 12 random plots (all CCG era, with Valar and Wildfire being the only 2 direct copies), and instead of revealing, each player rolled a d12 to choose a plot.  Awesome tournament, tons of fun was had by all.

I am not 100% on this but I believe that Eric Wood won the melee with Lannister infamy.  There were something like 6 of 12 players who played lannister in some form, pretty crazy.

Lucas S. took down the Ascension tournament, adding to his regionals win from earlier this month.

Joust tomorrow!