Sign in to follow this  
reedhackman

framework action window for the plot phase and moribund.

Hypothetical scenario:

My opponent uses the plot "fleeing to the wall" and I chose to discard a golden tooth mines. Does it stay in moribund long enough for me to use its passive ability or does it leave moribund before i have a chance to use it? Based on the timing of the framework action window, it makes sense to me that it would stay in moribund until step 6, with the ability being triggered in step 4, but some of the more experienced players in my meta tell me that it is put in the discard pile before it has a chance to be used.

reedhackman said:

My opponent uses the plot "fleeing to the wall" and I chose to discard a golden tooth mines. Does it stay in moribund long enough for me to use its passive ability or does it leave moribund before i have a chance to use it? Based on the timing of the framework action window, it makes sense to me that it would stay in moribund until step 6, with the ability being triggered in step 4, but some of the more experienced players in my meta tell me that it is put in the discard pile before it has a chance to be used.
Then the more experienced players in your meta might need a refresher on moribund (or the timing for resolving plots).

You are correct that all moribund cards stay on the table - and potentially useful - until Step 6 of the action window. So if Golden Tooth Mines goes moribund because of a plot's resolution, it will still be around and physically on the table to let you draw a card with the passive "after plots are revealed."

It's a fairly common misunderstanding of plot resolution (and moribund timing) to think that each "when revealed" plot happens in its own action window, so maybe the other player's thinking that the location is gone before the passive step is understandable. But it just isn't true.