148 posts in this topic

Figuring out the page count for any given W40k RPG book is very easy:

• $24.95 (single adventures) - cca. 72 pages
  • $39.95 (general supplements) - cca. 140-144 pages
  • $49.95 (major supplements) - cca. 256 pages
  • $59.95 (core rulebooks) - cca. 400 pages

Deepstriker said:

Dulahan said:

Says there "late second quarter".  Diamond book distributors state on their site it should be on sale 30 June 2012 which is end of second quarter.

Unless the "Upcoming" page hasn't been updated in a while, it's still at the printer.  Which means 4 - 6 weeks On The Boat, 7 - 10 days shipping, and THEN our favorite retailers get it.  I fear their Q2 projection may be in jeopardy.

Not that I've been checking the Upcoming page every day since they announced the book on March 8 shouting "TURN INTO A BOAT!"  That would make me seem obsessed…

inertiakitty said:

Unless the "Upcoming" page hasn't been updated in a while, it's still at the printer.  Which means 4 - 6 weeks On The Boat, 7 - 10 days shipping, and THEN our favorite retailers get it.  I fear their Q2 projection may be in jeopardy.

Not that I've been checking the Upcoming page every day since they announced the book on March 8 shouting "TURN INTO A BOAT!"  That would make me seem obsessed…

Honestly, FFG has been terrible about updating things like that lately.  So I have a feeling it'll just suddenly be in stock.

I wouldn't put to much faith into the in development/at the printers/on the boat preview thingy. I've known several books to be at one stage of development yet their icons say otherwise. It's a rough guide at best, with emphasis on rough.

BYE

Well, one thing to remember is that they still have June left in this quarter, though they might stagger stuff a bit in to early July, if they're going to make it at all.

Honestly what I'm finding most frustrating is that there's a whole slew of stuff that's been announced, but it feels like it's been a couple months since we've had any sort of preview, for anything 40K related.

Furthermore, there've been no updates to the Deathwatch Support page in over a year, that I can see.  It's as if they're, well…  NOT supporting it anymore.

I have to wonder if the person who was in charge of 40k previews and such quit or something. 

And blast it, I want to know when Honour the Chapter will land!   A lot of gaming sites are saying July now, which is post Q2.

I've stopped paying attention to the Upcoming page, especially since it still lists Rising Tempest as being at the printers. The copy I saw at an FLGS last weekend says otherwise.

And shockingly I got mine from Amazon a couple fo days ago and saw the download on DTRPG a day before that.

Really, I'd love just seeing a Table of Contents or getting spoiled on what new Chapters will receive full write ups in this.  Because, well, that's what I'm most looking forward to!

Heck, even just how many new chapters there will be.

Dulahan said:

Really, I'd love just seeing a Table of Contents or getting spoiled on what new Chapters will receive full write ups in this.  Because, well, that's what I'm most looking forward to!

Heck, even just how many new chapters there will be.

I agree with this and I am more interesting in the Chapter-count than the page count. I'm hoping for at least ten Chapters with a similar or larger write-up than what has been given for the First Founding Chapters (and Black Templars and Storm Wardens).

So in the meantime… what chapters do you all reckon we'll get?

I think Crimson Fists are about as sure a thing as can be, since that appears to be what the cover art shows.

The other chapters in Rites of Battle?

Just some off the more famous successors and/or those with significant deviances?

Any "New" chapters?  I know there's at least one other that gets mentioned in the Jericho Crusade book a LOT* - but I can't remember which one it is.

I also have a longshot hope for the Night Watch…  They apparently committed 11 Companies to the 13th Black Crusade defense action, that's… interesting indeed.  Not to mention have a neat symbol and color scheme.

EDIT:  * The Dark Sons is the one.  They get mentioned a ton in Jericho Reach, participating  in all sorts of things.  So I'm hoping they show up too.  Most I can find out is they seem to be a Novamarines (And thus, Ultramarines) successor chapter.

Dulahan said:

So in the meantime… what chapters do you all reckon we'll get?

My list would thus be this:

Storm Wardens (due to the preview)

Crimson Fists (because they're on the cover, as having been mentioned)

Marines Errant (a character from Jericho Reach/Achileus Crusade books)

Astral Claws (a character from Jericho Reach/Achileus Crusade books)

Red Scorpions (a character from Jericho Reach/Achileus Crusade books)

Dark Sons (been mentioned in the background)

Charnel Guard (I got this memory of them being mentioned in the background, or am I thinking about Dark Heresy?)

Good call on the ones that have character NPCs.  Astral Claws will be especially interesting given their eventual treason.

Charnel Guard is a Dark Heresy mention, no heraldry known.  But they sound interesting  (And still another example of a Loyalist chapter with a Chaos Sounding name.  This is like a pattern!  The Good guys sound bad, the bad ones sound good).

That being said.  the preview says the book will introduce a "huge number of the other myriad chapters."

That's vague, but what's a huge number?  To me it implies a lot more than just 5 or 6.  And it also says they'll be in as much depth as past chapters.  Admittedly, it's also marketing speak, so might not be something we should read too much into.

However, a few other things… there's only two chapters that need to be covered in additional detail from the originally published ones.  And it makes no mention of an adventure in the book either,, just seeds.  If we presume 6 pages a chapter, we could be looking at up to 20 or so total, so 18ish new ones.  I'll wager it will be closer to 12 (72 pages, or a bit over half a 120ish page book), give or take, to leave room for other random fluff and/or Advanced Classes.  If only 4 pages, it could be much higher…

EDIT:  I do hope there will be some more  'shooty' chapters, because there's a HEAVY focus on Melee ones at the moment.

Black Templars (Templari? I'm never sure) will almost certainly get some new stuff. Personally, I'd still like to see Raptors or Mentor Legion, as well as Carcharodons and maybe some of the other chapters involved in the Badab War. Holding out for Blood Ravens, even though it probably won't happen.

I doubt we'll see Mentor Legion, they've darn near been written out of canon.

Agreed on Badab war ones, though remember this is before that event.  So makes it extra interesting.

Oh, I know it's pre-Badab. But seeing some Red Scorpions, Fire Angels, Fire Hawks, Marines Errant, Minotaurs, and Star Phantoms? Or even some of the traitor chapters pre-heresy, like the Mantis Warriors or the Executioners? That'd be cool. I'd really like to see chapters that are at least somewhat culturally distinct from their founders, or who don't even know the identity of their founders.

EDIT: And Mentors were mentioned in the 5th Edition Codex: Space Marines, so they're not gone yet.

Wow.  Time to eat my hat.

There's an ad for Honour the Chapter on RPG.net.   It says the Blood Ravens are coming - I never thought they'd get rights to use them.  But still, good for them!  Confirms Crimson Fists, and has a picture of a few more, anyone recognize the heraldry?

Now if the Iron snakes show too… there's a not bad chance Tanith First and Only could make Only War too…

http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e54/dulahande/chapters.jpg

EDIT:  OK, guessing the Green one in the back right is the Aurora Chapter - pure speculation on color though

the Robed guy on the right is a Guardian of the Covenant - http://warhammer40k.wikia.com/wiki/Guardians_of_the_Covenant

The black blooddrop? Um, "Blood Drinkers?"

the ones on the left, no clue. Though the one greyish green one MIGHT be Flesh Tearers? I can't see anything else that might match up, but it's not a good match.

Dulahan said:

The black blooddrop? Um, "Blood Drinkers?"

the ones on the left, no clue. Though the one greyish green one MIGHT be Flesh Tearers? I can't see anything else that might match up, but it's not a good match.

Going from the picture this is what I think those Chapters are, from the left to right:

Blood Raven (since they're apparently been mentioned as coming)

Angels of Vengeance (since the other Second Founding Chapters were already done in Rites of War and they're supposed to be pretty famous)

Some new Blood Angel successor Chapter?

Auroras (seems like a good guess to me)

Guardians of the Covenant (that was actually pretty easy)