Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Demarki

How does the Renegade card work?

Recommended Posts

Renegade
Good and evil characters must lose 1 gold and place it on this card. The first neutral character who visits the Renegade gains all of the gold placed on this card, then the Renegade departs to the discard pile.

If we play the game with 4 player, do all good and evil characters lose 1 gold or only the one that draws the card? Also, if the card remains in the game and another player lands on it, does this happen again or is it only a 1 time thing?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Demarki said:

Renegade
Good and evil characters must lose 1 gold and place it on this card. The first neutral character who visits the Renegade gains all of the gold placed on this card, then the Renegade departs to the discard pile.

If we play the game with 4 player, do all good and evil characters lose 1 gold or only the one that draws the card? Also, if the card remains in the game and another player lands on it, does this happen again or is it only a 1 time thing?

Only good or evil characters who draw or land on the card lose 1 gold.

The card remains in the game.

So good or evil characters can still lose more gold if they land on it again.

 

The Ritual Master and the Redeemer works in the same way as the Renegade.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Velhart said:

Demarki said:

 

Renegade
Good and evil characters must lose 1 gold and place it on this card. The first neutral character who visits the Renegade gains all of the gold placed on this card, then the Renegade departs to the discard pile.

If we play the game with 4 player, do all good and evil characters lose 1 gold or only the one that draws the card? Also, if the card remains in the game and another player lands on it, does this happen again or is it only a 1 time thing?

 

 

Only good or evil characters who draw or land on the card lose 1 gold.

The card remains in the game.

So good or evil characters can still lose more gold if they land on it again.

 

The Ritual Master and the Redeemer works in the same way as the Renegade.

Then these cards are pretty boring, since they won't affect the game much and if a neutral character happens to draw it then pretty much nothing happens?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Demarki said:

 

 

Demarki said:

 

 

 

 

Then these cards are pretty boring, since they won't affect the game much and if a neutral character happens to draw it then pretty much nothing happens?

If a neutral character draws it, then nothing will happen, because there is no gold yet on the card.

I think that the card should be in play until at least one gold is placed on the card. The first neutral character can pick up that gold and the card is discarded.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Take a look at the text: "The first neutral character who visits the Renegade gains all of the gold placed on this card, then the Renegade departs to the discard pile."

 

So, if a neutral character draws him, I'd just say: "Bad luck, because you just gained 0 gold and Renegade was useless (discarded)".

You have to encounter him (the space) if there is no other character... - at least that's how I would handle it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Shifting Spirit said:

 

Take a look at the text: "The first neutral character who visits the Renegade gains all of the gold placed on this card, then the Renegade departs to the discard pile."

 

So, if a neutral character draws him, I'd just say: "Bad luck, because you just gained 0 gold and Renegade was useless (discarded)".

You have to encounter him (the space) if there is no other character... - at least that's how I would handle it.

 

 

I think you are right.

Bad luck for the character then.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Renegade is only discarded once a neutral character visits him and takes at least 1 gold from the card. Until then, the Renegade remains on the space even if a neutral character lands there. This is how the card should be played (discussed during the design process).

Ell.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...