Sign in to follow this  
Meeks23

Stark Siege - Components

Hi all,

I'd like to know what are the key cards/mechanics that go into a competitive Stark Siege deck. Is Winter required? One of our old time Stark players is getting back into the LCG world and I'd like to help him out in becoming competitive.

Thanks.

My Siege decks never work very well, but no I don't think Winter would be right for most Siege builds... getting it into play will slow down your murderous rampage and it'll take up slots that can be better served with other cards.  Could be useful for the right build though.
I doubt the basics of Stark Siege have changed much, most of the cards in this last cycle aren't all that useful for the build, but Meera Reed is probably an auto-include for Stark regardless of the deck type.

I have some success with Stark Siege using some direwolves (the character ones, not the attachments).  Cards like Feral Pack, No Quarter, Bear Island and some 2 claim plots will keep your opponent worrying about who he can keep alive.  It's very satisfying. :)

You are vulnerable to intrique of course, but most decks including Lanny Intrique depend on some combo involving a character or two…

I run extra events and next to no attachments.