Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
wishmaster

wishmasters W/R (need help)

Recommended Posts

player: mer sora 1

 

friends:22
lvl 0
2x tidus
1x jasmine


lvl 1
1x cid
2x phil
1x peter pan
1x tigger                                                                   
2x donalds


lvl 2
1x fairy godmother
1x triton
1x peter pan
1x yuffie

lvl 3
1x beast (L&D)
1x herc (L&D)
1x jack
1x peter pan

lvl 4
1x aladdin
1x cloud

magic friends:4
lvl 3
3x bambie

lvl 4
1x genie

attack cards:4
1x oblivion
3x oathkeeper


dark cards:7
3x behemoth
3x invisible
1x parasite cage

world cards:9
3x hollow bastion 3
3x atlantica 3
3x disney castle 1

just trying to lower the deck size, has a problem with 3 villians, commentary welcomed here

updated- taken out 2 mayor, 2 jacks, added 2 donalds

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

i dont see the need for jasmine,al, or genie seeing as you only have 3 other magic cards genie can search for. and as for world cards the best way to go is multiples of 2 and then a 3 at the end or in the beggining but it all depends.

oh and pan is pretty useless maybe some extra beasts and hercs in theeir place.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

pan helps against certint heartless like , stealth sneek, gargolye, invisible, and others that i cant think off. as of the jasmine, al, genie those a extra beat sticks or sacks to atlantica. and also they can grab a bambi for more deck thining. but thanks for the input.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Peter pan = teh leet destroyer of....

Stealth Sneak

Gargoyle

wight Night

Invisible

Fat bandit

sea neon

wizard

angel star

red nocturne

yellow nocturne

blue nocturne

and of course, that silly troublesome, occasional, tornado step

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

well his small support value isnt really worth putting in for those cards thats why i recomended more beasts/herc. they deal with those to and combod with jack makes them one tough hoo-ha but hey his deck just my opinion.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hate to sound crude, but a lot of people here must not play this competitively, adding to  many of the same card AKA beast and herc is a bad idea. The fact that a lot of people play villians including hades and malificent makes it a very terrible decision. 2 of each is perfectly fine, seeing as you reshuffle your deck at least once in a game.

Beast loses his pump since you have to sacrifice him to get the effect, making him a +whatever or a +nothing because he dies to kill a stealth sneak or gargoyle. Same goes for herc, sure he stays on the feild for a pump, but the dark card you bounced merely goes into their hand, waiting to be played again next turn. meaning you have to have ANOTHER answer the next turn.

At least with Pan, he pumps, plus defeats dark cards to prevent them from returning until a reshuffle.

In my eyes, pan = better then beast or Herc 

also, without a jack on the feild, herc and beast lose a lot of playability, why bother cutting the card, when you can cut its source, jack.

Thats why a lot of people play Oogie Boogie as well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

i agree with thirroxin with this i tried with and with out the extra beast and the pans i ended up escaping from battles witch killed more in the long as i loose life + worlds just so they can replay those and other villians and heartless later. and i rather shunt 1-2 cards in my deck then 4+ cards in my deck.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thirroxin said:

Hate to sound crude, but a lot of people here must not play this competitively, adding to  many of the same card AKA beast and herc is a bad idea. The fact that a lot of people play villians including hades and malificent makes it a very terrible decision. 2 of each is perfectly fine, seeing as you reshuffle your deck at least once in a game.

Beast loses his pump since you have to sacrifice him to get the effect, making him a +whatever or a +nothing because he dies to kill a stealth sneak or gargoyle. Same goes for herc, sure he stays on the feild for a pump, but the dark card you bounced merely goes into their hand, waiting to be played again next turn. meaning you have to have ANOTHER answer the next turn.

At least with Pan, he pumps, plus defeats dark cards to prevent them from returning until a reshuffle.

In my eyes, pan = better then beast or Herc 

also, without a jack on the feild, herc and beast lose a lot of playability, why bother cutting the card, when you can cut its source, jack.

Thats why a lot of people play Oogie Boogie as well.

 

firstly its nothing against you but i cant stand comments like this your bringing up the negative effects of every card for example dont pack to many beasts because of maleficent and oh dont make a dark WR deck because of stealth sneak. dont bother with any magic card because of phil well heres my response to all you negative nellys FIND A WAY AROUND IT!! we might as well tell him oh no you have 3 pans you dont fear captain hook. and im not going to get into the pros and cons of beasts/herc over pan its a never ending debate.so my point is just stop looking at the negatives and find balance in your deck and that is all.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Darkwing Duck said:

Thirroxin said:

 

Hate to sound crude, but a lot of people here must not play this competitively, adding to  many of the same card AKA beast and herc is a bad idea. The fact that a lot of people play villians including hades and malificent makes it a very terrible decision. 2 of each is perfectly fine, seeing as you reshuffle your deck at least once in a game.

Beast loses his pump since you have to sacrifice him to get the effect, making him a +whatever or a +nothing because he dies to kill a stealth sneak or gargoyle. Same goes for herc, sure he stays on the feild for a pump, but the dark card you bounced merely goes into their hand, waiting to be played again next turn. meaning you have to have ANOTHER answer the next turn.

At least with Pan, he pumps, plus defeats dark cards to prevent them from returning until a reshuffle.

In my eyes, pan = better then beast or Herc 

also, without a jack on the feild, herc and beast lose a lot of playability, why bother cutting the card, when you can cut its source, jack.

Thats why a lot of people play Oogie Boogie as well.

 

 

 

firstly its nothing against you but i cant stand comments like this your bringing up the negative effects of every card for example dont pack to many beasts because of maleficent and oh dont make a dark WR deck because of stealth sneak. dont bother with any magic card because of phil well heres my response to all you negative nellys FIND A WAY AROUND IT!! we might as well tell him oh no you have 3 pans you dont fear captain hook. and im not going to get into the pros and cons of beasts/herc over pan its a never ending debate.so my point is just stop looking at the negatives and find balance in your deck and that is all.

Here, here!  Too often we focus on a card's negatives and lose sight of the balance this game has.  Every card has an answer; the question is, "is your opponent running it?"  It depends a great deal on the format of where you are playing, and even this will change.  When your opponent runs Pan, you run Hook, Behemoth, and Barrel Spider.  Then they run Beast/Herc, so you run a Dark Deck.  Then they run Stealth Sneak, so you return to a Light Player and run Pan, Jack, Herc, and/or Beast.  And so on, and so on.

Case and point: where I play, the game very quickly became "whoever has the most friends wins," so I'd run Aggro with Sephiroth, Simba Lvl 4, and a Parasite Cage or two.  People were not to happy with me.

The point is, how do we balance the deck in front of us out so that it is useful (almost) where ever you play it?  Yes, Mr. Duck is right, the Jasmine -> Aladdin -> Genie -> Summon is a chain that gives too many oppertunities for a "dead" draw, and you need something a little more reliable.  Also, while Pan is good at ridding your World of specific cards, Beast and Herc are more useful, more often.  My WR tends to be 2 Beast (Lvl 3 alt), 2 Herc (Lvl 3 original), 1 Pan (Lvl 1 or 2) and the Jack set (plus a Mayor).  Pan isn't there for his attack, he's there for his effect; he doesn't have to be a high level, so long as he's usable.  Jack is kind of a double-eged sword: he makes Herc and Beast more usable, but he allows your opponent to play more heartless faster (especially if he has one too), however the use of Herc and Beast make him worth it.

Honestly, I don't remember what was in the rest of your deck, but I hope these suggestions help.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

the jasmin-al-genie combo works for what i need it to do at that time, either more beat, more sacks to atlantica, or getting past a dead draw buy drawing cards for beat or sacks to atlantica, also im assuming youve never used at it does help alot for the situation at hand. and about the beast and/or herc thing, in reality they all do the same thing and that is removes the heartless for the worlds to move on, and that villians are very annoying, because of where i play at villians are top dog right now its like no one has heard of heartless. and yes i do see both your points, and you both said is what balances out your deck. also i have made a dark WR and i like how it ran stealth sneek or not it was a fun deck. well dark decks in general. i personaly thinks ansem is a great card, and every one that i know off thinks hes terrible becuase he cant use attack cards, and by attack cards i mean soul eater. but that doesnt stop me from runing him anyway. and for the same reason is that people dont run any other life gain besides the normal world movement.

and thank for comments for deck it will keep me form the usal running of cards that people expect for WR decks in general. also any card can be good depending on how you want to run the card and when you use the card. and thats my opinion.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

maybe i should clarify this....

Beast and herc are great, dont get me wrong, but they cant be used as am every heartless reliance. Adding a few pans wouldnt hurt at all for extra heartless answers

As for the not running dark world rush cuz of stealth sneak, its not your only worry, i was stating that there is NO WY for a dark deck to kill it, as many people have said NOT just me.

Dark world rush is ruined by phil, and a lot of people run phil, get used to it. A lvl 1 +6 magic gimper is great for every deck. Dark WR has problems with gargoyle and invisible, not just stealth sneak. One of the most mainstreamed decks as of now is monstro control. in which case a dark deck is at a disadvantage at the start. Sorry, i just cant agree to a good world rush.

I personally view pan as better since he offers a variety of ansers to many heartless. As do beast and herc of course

Beast has to sac himself to kill a heartless meaning you lose his pump. Herc merely bouces the heartless to buy time. They just drop it again next turn. Pan only works effectively towards, stealth sneak, gargoyle, and invisible.

As for the 'find an answer' line, there are answers to everything, but then those cards have cards that answer them. Its a lopphole that turns out to help whoever has more reliable, well rounded answers. AKA Phil.

Whats the way around phil? A darkside... oh yeah, and gravities.... wait... thats gimped... well there is always simba i guess.... that will take care of 1/3 phils.... hmmm....

lol

PS

Hook is played frequently, but not a big enough threat to pull pans out. Same for hades and malificent. Either way, all these cards take effect in a well balanced WR deck. But a well rounded agro deck beats you every time. Feel free to disagree, ill argue my point if you wish to hear....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thirroxin said:

maybe i should clarify this....

Beast and herc are great, dont get me wrong, but they cant be used as am every heartless reliance. Adding a few pans wouldnt hurt at all for extra heartless answers

As for the not running dark world rush cuz of stealth sneak, its not your only worry, i was stating that there is NO WY for a dark deck to kill it, as many people have said NOT just me.

Dark world rush is ruined by phil, and a lot of people run phil, get used to it. A lvl 1 +6 magic gimper is great for every deck. Dark WR has problems with gargoyle and invisible, not just stealth sneak. One of the most mainstreamed decks as of now is monstro control. in which case a dark deck is at a disadvantage at the start. Sorry, i just cant agree to a good world rush.

I personally view pan as better since he offers a variety of ansers to many heartless. As do beast and herc of course

Beast has to sac himself to kill a heartless meaning you lose his pump. Herc merely bouces the heartless to buy time. They just drop it again next turn. Pan only works effectively towards, stealth sneak, gargoyle, and invisible.

As for the 'find an answer' line, there are answers to everything, but then those cards have cards that answer them. Its a lopphole that turns out to help whoever has more reliable, well rounded answers. AKA Phil.

Whats the way around phil? A darkside... oh yeah, and gravities.... wait... thats gimped... well there is always simba i guess.... that will take care of 1/3 phils.... hmmm....

lol

PS

Hook is played frequently, but not a big enough threat to pull pans out. Same for hades and malificent. Either way, all these cards take effect in a well balanced WR deck. But a well rounded agro deck beats you every time. Feel free to disagree, ill argue my point if you wish to hear....

lol @ monstro control as "mainstream"  let me guess 2 out of the 10 people who actually play this game at shops have that deck and one of them is Lawliet lol. i also liked how you said you were going to clarify the post you made prior and then said the EXACT same thing. and phil can always be captured by a cage or used in battle due to behemoth. And to pack 3 phils is a bit excessive if your opponent has no intention of getting rid of your phil from your friend area then you have some dead draws coming your way. plus hercules isnt bad it bounces the heartless into your opponents hand then move to your next world end your turn and your opponent draws 1 less card its a win/win.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Phil isnt always going to be played in 3's of course. He wont just sit there if they run 3, obviously they are using him as a beat stick.  Cage is an answer to Phil, but only until they kill it,

Thats why you suck him up, play herc, bounce the cage, REPEAT!!! lols ;)

PS

When i made this and a few other posts, i was in a bad mood, regardless it isnt any excuse to sound like a pomptuous jerk on my end. I am sorry, and i have no intention of aguing with anyone. Obviously a lot of people here play this a lot more then me, and maybe I dont exactly have enough experience to make a solid point.

So....

Any one offended by this argumental ongiong, i apologize.

Sorry all

-Thirroxin

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thirroxin said:

Phil isnt always going to be played in 3's of course. He wont just sit there if they run 3, obviously they are using him as a beat stick.  Cage is an answer to Phil, but only until they kill it,

Thats why you suck him up, play herc, bounce the cage, REPEAT!!! lols ;)

PS

When i made this and a few other posts, i was in a bad mood, regardless it isnt any excuse to sound like a pomptuous jerk on my end. I am sorry, and i have no intention of aguing with anyone. Obviously a lot of people here play this a lot more then me, and maybe I dont exactly have enough experience to make a solid point.

So....

Any one offended by this argumental ongiong, i apologize.

Sorry all

-Thirroxin

No need to apologize.  Because this is an on-line forum, and not in person, anyone can seem like a "pompous jerk" if the person reading the post wants them to.

That being said, every card does have an answer (except The King, there is no stopping The Mickey!!!!), and the type of answer you run depends very heavily on what other people are running.  At a recent tournement, my deck was built to take down the person who beat me in the final round of the previous tourney, but someone elses' WR was able to completely STOMP on me because I didn't have the answers.  I have learned my lesson about the balance of the game, what will it take for you?

Also, I did run the Jasmine -> Aladdin 4 -> Genie 4 -> Summon/Magic (usually Bambi 3) combo before, shortly after taking apart my Aladdin/Genie/Lamp WR.  I even ran it with three D. Islands in my deck for added combo reliablity.  The issue, as I said, was all the dead drawing I ended up doing as a result.  It maybe different where you play, but for me "who ever has the most friends wins" and the best way to get friends is to draw & search.  It is not uncommon to have 7+ friends (one of which is prolly Lvl 4) in your friend zones by the end of the first turn, and still have a good sized hand left.  While each card searches, it is for something specific, and if you already have Aladdin, Jasmine is a dead draw, who you can't get rid of in a decent way until the end of your turn.  If you have Genie already, then Aladdin loses his search qualities, and becomes practically usless to the cause.  That's just the way it works... for me.

(In the words of Uncle) One more thing!  Hook is used for Tink-control, the Pan thing is an added bonus.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

 

 

No need to apologize.  Because this is an on-line forum, and not in person, anyone can seem like a "pompous jerk" if the person reading the post wants them to.

That being said, every card does have an answer (except The King, there is no stopping The Mickey!!!!), and the type of answer you run depends very heavily on what other people are running.  At a recent tournement, my deck was built to take down the person who beat me in the final round of the previous tourney, but someone elses' WR was able to completely STOMP on me because I didn't have the answers.  I have learned my lesson about the balance of the game, what will it take for you?

Also, I did run the Jasmine -> Aladdin 4 -> Genie 4 -> Summon/Magic (usually Bambi 3) combo before, shortly after taking apart my Aladdin/Genie/Lamp WR.  I even ran it with three D. Islands in my deck for added combo reliablity.  The issue, as I said, was all the dead drawing I ended up doing as a result.  It maybe different where you play, but for me "who ever has the most friends wins" and the best way to get friends is to draw & search.  It is not uncommon to have 7+ friends (one of which is prolly Lvl 4) in your friend zones by the end of the first turn, and still have a good sized hand left.  While each card searches, it is for something specific, and if you already have Aladdin, Jasmine is a dead draw, who you can't get rid of in a decent way until the end of your turn.  If you have Genie already, then Aladdin loses his search qualities, and becomes practically usless to the cause.  That's just the way it works... for me.

(In the words of Uncle) One more thing!  Hook is used for Tink-control, the Pan thing is an added bonus.

 

I understand completely that playing answers for your main problems will innevitably bring a weakness for something else, but the point is, i play the game because its fun, if i win its kind of like a bonus!

I still prefer the jasmin-al-blah blah blah combo, sure the jasmine is a dud draw, same for al and genie, but the bambi you get with them isnt, thats a +2 bonus! Not to mention that altogether lowers your deck size by 6 or higher if ur lucky and draw another bambi! :)

I still felt the need to apologize, the last thing i want is to be on bad grounds with people here, i really offended WayToTheDawn and Darkwing Duck, if you dont believe me, check out the monstro interacting with parasite cage ruling thread. lol. I was just joking around, and he whips out and goes crazy on me. :(

Maybe im still to nooby to realize the error of the jasmine combo, but you do make a great point when it comes to searching for friends you need, as opposed to leaving it to the luck of the draw...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Darkwing Duck said:

im offended??  i wish i knew.

Yeah, sorry about that, Mr. Duck.  You were distraught, we just forgot to tell you.  We were just so busy trying to keep up with that overly long thread that it totally escaped our minds.  (On the other hand, it did give us a fair ruling)

Anyway, "To each, his own" and if you like the combo, by all means use it.  It's not like there's any one "right" way to play this game, unless you're not having fun... that's wrong.  Still, I find that it slows me down, and you find that it works great, so there's no point augueing about it.

If you must use the combo, however, please include something besides Bambi to search for, because you may have to hold onto him for a full turn before you can play him (like, you already used one, and there are no Heartless to battle).

Getting back to something else that was said earlier: Herc is WAY better!  Yes, he bounces them.  Even though that means your opponent can play him again, it DOES take a card space in his/her hand, AND you still have his support.  Way better than Emo Beasty.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...