Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
WhiteLycan

Cortex Implant

32 posts in this topic

H2SO4 said:

Maese Mateo said:

I don't recall seeing (x4)-unnaturals available for characters anywhere, with the exception of STR (x2 BQ muscle graft + x2 power fist + x2 Barrage (combat drug) = x4).

Barrage combat drug from where?

Angel of Death said:

H2SO4 said:

Maese Mateo said:

I don't recall seeing (x4)-unnaturals available for characters anywhere, with the exception of STR (x2 BQ muscle graft + x2 power fist + x2 Barrage (combat drug) = x4).

Barrage combat drug from where?

Barrage is in RT: Hostile Acquisitions, pg 66. It gives Unnatural Perception (x2), Unnatural Strength ( x2) and Unnatural Toughness (x2) for 1d5 rounds, with the side-effect of losing 1 perception, 1 strength and 1 toughness per round permanently.

So only use it on your attack-beasts to be teleported aboard enemy ship and people you don't particularly care about.gran_risa.gif

About Cortex Implants, it says that common quality ones give a 1d10 penalty to WS / BS / Int, but what about Good or Best Quality one ? What's the point of getting Unnatural Intelligence if you get reduced Intelligence from the Implants themselves ? It's kinda like shooting yourself in the foot.

Oh and earlier someone said he had as much as 78 Intelligence, how do you do that in RT ? Most I can see is like 70 (25 base + 20 roll + 5 background + 20 XP).

So I don't double my Successes on Int-based skills with Unnatural Int? Man, I should read up on those Unnatural stats.

Myliel said:

About Cortex Implants, it says that common quality ones give a 1d10 penalty to WS / BS / Int, but what about Good or Best Quality one ? What's the point of getting Unnatural Intelligence if you get reduced Intelligence from the Implants themselves ? It's kinda like shooting yourself in the foot.

Oh and earlier someone said he had as much as 78 Intelligence, how do you do that in RT ? Most I can see is like 70 (25 base + 20 roll + 5 background + 20 XP).

Good quality CIs do not reduce stats. It gives Unnatural Intelligence (x2) and the recipient gets 1d10 IPs. The WS/BS/Int modifiers only apply to normal CIs. The RAW does not say anything about Best quality, but a houserule could be to remove the added IP and even reduce the total IPs accumlated and/or Unnatural Intelligence (x3).

vehzeel said:

Myliel said:

Good quality CIs do not reduce stats. It gives Unnatural Intelligence (x2) and the recipient gets 1d10 IPs. The WS/BS/Int modifiers only apply to normal CIs. The RAW does not say anything about Best quality, but a houserule could be to remove the added IP and even reduce the total IPs accumlated and/or Unnatural Intelligence (x3).

Typically, Best Craftsmanship implants don't offer any game mechanics advantages over Good Craftsmanship implants. Those that do will specifically say so in the description. What Best Craftsmanship gives you is more aesthetic appeal - either with more frills and shiny bits or by being totally concealable.