Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
player926804

I created a Starcraft Board Game Module for Vassal

24 posts in this topic

As of right now I only have it for personal use, I want to contact FFG's so I can set it up to be released publicly.

If anyone is interested in checking it out send me a message.

I'd say you'd need to contact both FFG and Blizzard before releasing it to any public. FFG for the board mechanic and Blizzard for the thematic licensing.

I already sent FFG an email but I'm not sure who I should contact for blizzard.  Anyone care to give me a hand on that part?

Yes, and it's mostly just tech support for battle.net accounts and their games, I suppose I could try through them first but being the different departments it might get really confusing.

I was just wondering if anyone knew a more direct contact that I could try, or maybe I'm just not looking in the correct area.

Edit: Ok I was looking in the wrong spot, I believe it's mailto:merchandiselicensing@blizzard.com 

One more thing, what exactly should I be requesting here?  I want to make sure I'm providing the correct message here to reduce confusion.

I would probably simply lay all the cards on the table and just say it as it is. That you've created a VASSAL version of the FFG SC Board Game and want to know what you need to do before you can release it publicly. You should probably also mention that you've contacted FFG about the idea as well.

One dealmaker/-breaker can be wether you want to do this to earn money or not. If so, you should probably prepare to have to give up a certain percentage of gross or net profits.

Ok thank you, I intend to release it for free like all the other FFG modules, I've just never done this before and wanted to make sure I did it right.

Zackreaver said:

As of right now I only have it for personal use, I want to contact FFG's so I can set it up to be released publicly.

If anyone is interested in checking it out send me a message.

I did not find the Private Message function on this forum, so I sent you a Friend Invitation (or something like that, don't remember the exact name :) )

I would imagine that FFG has little to no issues with the idea seeing as some of their games have already been "vassaled".

I got an email from FFG, they no longer produce the game so I only need permissions from blizzard to use their trademark and IP and I'm good to go.

Sweet! Hope you get it. I mean it's not like they are going to loose sales from it. If anything they should see it as free advertisement for the setting.

Zackreaver said:

I got an email from FFG, they no longer produce the game so I only need permissions from blizzard to use their trademark and IP and I'm good to go.

I really hope they say yes. It would be excellent to be able to play Starcraft on vassal :)

Hi Zackreaver,

and thanks for what you have done. I'd like to try the module ^_^

ioriorochi@hotmail.it

Good job and thank you again!

Hi Zackreaver,

and thanks for what you have done. I'd like to try the module. Can I have it?

My mail wonderr@list.ru.

aplauso.gif Thank you so much! I have a dream I want to look at this module Starcraft! Send me who have this unit, please! My mail: herrpaulchen@gmail.com  lengua.gif

Wow, you just made my day. Didn't expect you to see this after so long.

Thank you, sincerely. 

Edited by Oatmeal