Sign in to follow this  
Rozy

Cylon Intruders

We have played few more games yesterday and at the point where i thought that nothing could surprise me after many games played we had an situation yesterday that caught me unprepared. First time I saw a Cylon played the Super Crisis Card called Cylon Intruders. If says that if you FAIL you damage galactica which was clear but then you place 2 Centurion Markers on the START of the boarding party track. But there was already one Cylon Marker on the track.

So my Question is: When we Failed do we just add 2 Cylon Markers on the track, which I dont think is correct or do we put 2 markers on the Start, so in this case we just add one, because there has already been on on the start.

This was kind of tricky for us, but maybe we are just lost in tranlation and native speakers does not even think of this as an issue.

Thanks.

Its been discussed before, and the logical outcome was that you can stack them on the tracks. So its possible to have 2 or more on one single spot, and you can have many on several spots.

But then you would have run out of them wouldnt you. You have only four of them. So I was always assuming that you always add more and then if they hit the end you lose.

So after what you said, I browsed this forum and found the topic you were refering to. It looks weird now, but I think we have been playing it wrong all the time.

So whenever the Heavy Raider (HR) gets on board they just start on the first space on the track and does not push the other counters forward. So when do they move? Just when HR are activated but no HR are on the board or do they both move at the same time? What if revealed Cylon activates the location and activates HR what happens then? What if there is 1 marker on the forst space and 2 on the second space when HR activated? Do all of them move by one, so it would end by one marker on the 2nd space and two markers on the 3rd?

I am so confused now :)

It's all very simple.

There can be several centurions on any space of the track. That does not change their effect (which is to make the humans lose when they get to the end of the track), but makes them harder to stop (you have to kill each one separately).

Anything that activates the heavy raiders, also activates centurions. Every centurion moves one space to the right. That means that stacked centurions move together.

All other rules from the rulebook apply as usual.

For example, say there is a centurion on the second space of the track, and two heavy raiders near galactica (in one of the space areas with the red launch icon). A crisis card is drawn that activates heavy raiders. What would happen is that the centurion on the track will move to the third space, the two heavy raiders will be removed from the board. and two centurions will be placed on the first (start) space. The second space on the track will be empty, and this is ok - the track does not have to be continuous.

Also, if you run out of centurions, it is just like any other component limitation, which is covered in the rulebook - they are just not placed. Note that the FAQ clarifies that if you cannot place a centurion, the heavy raider that "landed" it is not removed - it stays there and waits for the spare parts to become available.

Any questions?

It seems that you had the exact same problems with the Centurion rules as I did.  sorpresa.gif

I had somehow missed the part about The Centurion markers moving along the board party track and had thought that if you ever got 5 Centurions on the board at the same time you automatically lost (hence there being only 4 markers, no need for a 5th to go on the "humans lose" space!)

I realised my error after reading the FAQ and wondering why there was an entry on what to do when the Centurion markers ran out.

Ever since that, Centurions have been much more dangerous, especially when you get a stack of 3 of them :P