Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Velhart

Talisman: The Blood Moon Expansion

291 posts in this topic

Thanks long time lurker, first time poster.

I thought the comment from ell was just an opinion and not official...? Sorry dont know who's who on here

I hope we get some art previews from the Blood Moon expansion on Talismanisland happy.gif

I always enjoy the sneak peeks.

werewolf1.jpg

The vicious Werewolf prowls the night..

You must escape his wrath gran_risa.gif

The night is coming! The night is coming!

Is it a given that the Werewolf figure will be traversing the board on its own (like the Reaper)? Maybe it replaces a the character currently suffering from Lycanthropy, and when another character is infected, the current Werewolf is freed from the curse? That would give an extra incentive to attack other characters (to get rid of the curse), but I don't know.

Lubricus said:

Is it a given that the Werewolf figure will be traversing the board on its own (like the Reaper)? Maybe it replaces a the character currently suffering from Lycanthropy, and when another character is infected, the current Werewolf is freed from the curse? That would give an extra incentive to attack other characters (to get rid of the curse), but I don't know.

I think that the Werewolf is the same as the Reaper but with new mechanics. He will probably be activated when it is night.

If he change a character in a werewolf, then that character will get the Lycantropy card.

I hope at least that the Werewolf is more active than the Reaper. 

Velhart said:

Lubricus said:

I think that the Werewolf is the same as the Reaper but with new mechanics. He will probably be activated when it is night.

If he change a character in a werewolf, then that character will get the Lycantropy card.

I hope at least that the Werewolf is more active than the Reaper. 

You're probably right, but I wouldn't mind seeing which character is a werewolf by glancing at the board. And the Reaper tends to move even less than he is supposed to, since the players often forget his mechanic - I hope we don't get a similar mechanic for moving the Werewolf around. Playing with all expansions, each turn gets really slow as it is right now, with all of the fiddling with the Dragon cards and tokens plus the Reaper - and now the day/night cycle. Well, we'll see soon enough, I guess.

Lubricus said:

You're probably right, but I wouldn't mind seeing which character is a werewolf by glancing at the board. And the Reaper tends to move even less than he is supposed to, since the players often forget his mechanic - I hope we don't get a similar mechanic for moving the Werewolf around. Playing with all expansions, each turn gets really slow as it is right now, with all of the fiddling with the Dragon cards and tokens plus the Reaper - and now the day/night cycle. Well, we'll see soon enough, I guess.

Well, i hope and think that the werewolf is a NPC from it's own.

Imagine, that the werewolf will move toward your character every night.

That would be dangerous and cool.

I expect some news next week. gran_risa.gif

Bludgeon said:

talismanisland said:

http://www.fantasyflightgames.com/edge_news.asp?eidn=3118

"Whereas creatures are slightly weaker in the cold light of day, they grow bolder at nightfall."

The real question is does night&day affects foes like those in Tavern/Forest/Crags.

If it effects creatures, then it also effects board creatures.

This would mean that the eagle king and dungeon lord will be getting a +1 -1 too..

The first thing what i will do when i get my hands on the Blood Moon expansion, is playing a solo game with it gran_risa.gif

Survive the 111 adventure cards, or maybe finish the Blood Moon game within a hour maybe... lol

Just to get a expression how the Blood Moon expansion feels..

Velhart said:

The first thing what i will do when i get my hands on the Blood Moon expansion, is playing a solo game with it gran_risa.gif

Survive the 111 adventure cards, or maybe finish the Blood Moon game within a hour maybe... lol

Just to get a expression how the Blood Moon expansion feels..

Oh, that's a cool idea!

As I think of the kind of items, spells, mechanics that could be helpful in this expansion, 2 ideas come to mind:

a spell or magical object, "Godspeed", that allows the user to throw an extra die or similarly move closer to the Chapel or healing fountain, stream etc. Regaining lives may be more important

"Death travels fast" Since nighttime gives greater effects to enemies and spirits, how about during "night time", the Reaper either rolls 2 die and moves the full roll, *or* The Reaper moves after every player's move, during Night time.   Thus making the Reaper a lot more challenging.

- Oberon

Hello Velhart! happy.gif

Actually my order is: Scarecrow (I have a personall attachment to scarecrows), Wolfen, Living Doll (eventually) and Witch's Broom. For me a witch should be insanely, almost immortal, old. That witch is too young :P. And definitely too "smilely".lengua.gif

0beron said:

"Death travels fast" Since nighttime gives greater effects to enemies and spirits, how about during "night time", the Reaper either rolls 2 die and moves the full roll, *or* The Reaper moves after every player's move, during Night time.   Thus making the Reaper a lot more challenging.

- Oberon

Talisman expansions never cared of the previous expansions, so I highly doubt seeing anything about the Reaper in this, but this rule You mentioned is worth considering gui%C3%B1o.gif. Especially that second one.

Nemomon said:

Hello Velhart! happy.gif

Actually my order is: Scarecrow (I have a personall attachment to scarecrows), Wolfen, Living Doll (eventually) and Witch's Broom. For me a witch should be insanely, almost immortal, old. That witch is too young :P. And definitely too "smilely".lengua.gif

Hi Nemomon,

Then it seems we both agree with the scarecrowgui%C3%B1o.gif

Nice to see you again!

0beron said:

- Oberon

It's a nice idea to let the Reaper move during night time

gran_risa.gif

But we don't know yet what the werewolf is doing..