Sign in to follow this  
Trader Austin

hull craftsmanship

poor -1 armour, -1 space, -1 sp

common 0 and 0, 0sp

good 0 and +1, 2SP

best 0 armour, +1 space, +1 power (more efficient power distribution, 1d5 sp

most hulls start as common. some as good and very few as best. many civilian ships are poor as well those that are extreamly old when they were salvaged from a planet or hulk. quality depends on the time and work put into these ships, as well as if they have been neglected for long periods of time. ships built as flagships for the machine cult are the most likely to be best. while a ship that was crashed on a planet several thousand years ago then salvaged is likely to be poor. 

what do you think? suggestions? 

I agree with the above the "Best" should be a set amount.

I would go with, a few changes.

Hull Craftsmanship

Most ship hulls are built as common craftsmanship. Some are built with the Finest materiel and systems and the best skilled labor. Other however, either due to shoddy workmanship, poor material and subpar systems or extreme age or poor upkeep are of a much poorer quality then moist ships.

• Poor Craftsmanship: Ships of poor craftsmanship suffer from brittle armor and eroded substructure. They also tend to bulkier systems and reinforcements then better made and kept ships.

They suffer a -2 to Hull integrity, a -1 to Armor and a -1 To ship spaces. However a ship of poor quality is 4 Ship points cheaper

• Common Craftsmanship: This is the standard of most ship yards. Average material, skill and ship systems.

Ships of this quality suffer no changes of any type.

• Good Craftsmanship: Ships of this quality are better made with better designed and braced substructure and better layered armor.

Ships of this quality gain +2 Hull Integrity and +1 Armor. It does however cost +2 Ship points as well.

• Best Craftsmanship: Ships of this quality have the best of everything, best workmen ship design, layout and subsystems.

Ships of this quality gain a +2 hull Integrity, a +1 Armor, a +1 Power points and a +1 ship spaces. It also adds +5 ship points to the vessel.

Hunterindarkness said:

I agree with the above the "Best" should be a set amount.

I would go with, a few changes.

Hull Craftsmanship

Most ship hulls are built as common craftsmanship. Some are built with the Finest materiel and systems and the best skilled labor. Other however, either due to shoddy workmanship, poor material and subpar systems or extreme age or poor upkeep are of a much poorer quality then moist ships.

• Poor Craftsmanship: Ships of poor craftsmanship suffer from brittle armor and eroded substructure. They also tend to bulkier systems and reinforcements then better made and kept ships.

They suffer a -2 to Hull integrity, a -1 to Armor and a -1 To ship spaces. However a ship of poor quality is 4 Ship points cheaper

• Common Craftsmanship: This is the standard of most ship yards. Average material, skill and ship systems.

Ships of this quality suffer no changes of any type.

• Good Craftsmanship: Ships of this quality are better made with better designed and braced substructure and better layered armor.

Ships of this quality gain +2 Hull Integrity and +1 Armor. It does however cost +2 Ship points as well.

• Best Craftsmanship: Ships of this quality have the best of everything, best workmen ship design, layout and subsystems.

Ships of this quality gain a +2 hull Integrity, a +1 Armor, a +1 Power points and a +1 ship spaces. It also adds +5 ship points to the vessel.

I really like this rules. Although I'm not sure about the +1 Power since I don't see why a better craftsmanship of the Hull has any effect at all on the Plasma Drive. +2 Space sounds like a better deal.

Maese Mateo said:

I really like this rules. Although I'm not sure about the +1 Power since I don't see why a better craftsmanship of the Hull has any effect at all on the Plasma Drive. +2 Space sounds like a better deal.

Well I was working off the OP's Idea of better cabling and couplings and such. But yeah I like the +2 space better really.

In my opinion normal ships should already be of masterwork quality.
No lesser ship would be able to fly through the void for as long as most imperial ships do.

Including lesser craftsmanship options with lower stats would be ok with me.