Sign in to follow this  
FFG DanielC

The Enemy Within >>> Announcing an exciting new campaign for Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay!

The Empire is beset by many foes, but none are so perilous as the enemy within. 

Fantasy Flight Games is pleased to announce the Enemy Within, an exciting new campaign for Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay, inspired by the classic campaign of the same name. You can read the announcement here. The Enemy Within website is here

Enjoy the game, but trust no one! 

FFG DanielC said:

The Empire is beset by many foes, but none are so perilous as the enemy within. 

Fantasy Flight Games is pleased to announce the Enemy Within, an exciting new campaign for Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay, inspired by the classic campaign of the same name. You can read the announcement here. The Enemy Within website is here

Enjoy the game, but trust no one! 

I hope it really means inspired and not copy pasted...

In the first case, I have to say Great News!

Great news.  I've been clamouring for a new campaign!

I hope "maps" doesn't mean those dinky, microscopic things that have been done before.  We need maps we can see and work with :)

jh

This sounds awesome.  I've always heard about this campaign, but never played the earlier editions so didn't get to take part myself.  Looking forward to playing my part at last!

Having played The Enemy Within Campaign over 20 years ago this is excellent news, particularly if Graeme Davis is involved ('Shadows over Bogenhafen" is an adventure you won't forget). If the new version of the campaign has maps of the quality and usefulness of those that appeared in the 1st Edition The Enemy Within and, particularly, Death on the Reik adventures I will be very happy. Talking of Death on the Reik, if you can give us an adventure that is as much fun to DM and play as the original was (give me a trading boat and a river to ply) this veteran player will be shouting from the rooftops!

Roll on the release date! 

I couldn't shake the feeling this might come out. Mostly I expected a conversion to the new rules. But a re-imagining?, well I feel like a kid again. :D

Hope the writers enjoyed returning to the ol' classic. 
I expect it will be fantastic.
But will it be pun-tastic?!

The original Enemy Within was one of the earliest campaigns I ran as a young gamemaster. It is so burned into my brain I could probably run it from nothing but memory. I am thrilled at a reimagining. Brilliant idea, I cannot wait until it comes out.

This is brilliant news. I kinda stopped buying stuff for WFRP after Signs of Faith but this has convinced me to catch up and get everything else I've missed!

The Enemy Within is one of the greatest campaigns ever written for any ROG and I'm looking forward to seeing what you've done with it.

I ran the original campaign... ugh, too long ago, with just one copy of the 1st edition manual to share between the GM and the players. It's only fair to say that it's one of the building blocks of my gaming eperience.

Can't wait for this new take on the classic, and run it again with the 3rd edition rules (funny thing is I'll probably play it with the same people of so many years ago!).

This is the best news ever!

The Enemy Within is THE reason I love WFRP so much, and it's very, very dear to me.

I'm especially happy that the new TEW will be "inspired" by the old version.

Because I have some friends that have started TEW but never completed it, other friends that never have played it at all.

Now, they most likely can play the new version together, not having to worry about some knowing stuff from the old campaign.

But this is also a tremendous responsibility, it's like rewriting Shakespere.

I do believe FFG will deliver, and hopefully lots of new and old players alike will be able to play and enjoy TEW again in WFRP3.

For you who live in ignorance: TEW from WFRP 1ed is in my view one of the absolute best campaign for any roleplaying game ever. You've got to get this.

Excellent news - people had stated that they wanted a campaign and a campaign we have! I for one will purchase :-)

What it does leave open for discussion is:

Are future campaigns likely to be re-writes of older first edition (Death on the Reik, Empire in Flames etc) or will these still be produced from fresh?

Exciting times whatever the case.

Thank you FFG.

G.

I was actually holding off on buying any (more) WFRP 3E Products, but between Gitzman's MapTool workshop, and this announcement, I think I am going to order the Winds of Change magic supplement tonight!

I am extremely excited about this! And I really like how FFG is reacting to a lot of their fan's whishes. We want hardbacks, they give you hardbacks. We want PoD, they give it to you. We want something like TEW, they deliver!

YES! With G. Davis on board! This is exactly what this game needed! For mechanics version 3 has been my favourite, but as a player since the late eighties, I have been missing a campaign like TEW! Nice work - can't wait....

I consider the original enemy within campaign to be one of the milestones of fantasy role playing game published adventures (and i've seen a lot!!!).

I never thought i'd be interested in a RPG with card mechanics again ( dragonlance 5th age was a 'touch too much' ), but if i see any good reviews on this one i will probably give it a shot.

Nicely thought, well done ffg! 

'Bout Time!

Wishing FFG all the best for surviving the expectations a title like that may generate in everyone around here! ;) Anyway really good news for our 3d edition! :D

303690-good_news_everyone.jpg