Sign in to follow this  
Santiago

Spyrers

Hi,

I seems to recall that in one of the later FFG 40K RPG Books there was something akin to a Necromunda Spyrer.
Does anybody know which books this was, I know I have, I just can't find it.

Does anybody know which book this was..DH, RT, DW or BC?

Santiago...

Do you mean like an advanced career? If so, then no, there's nothing like that.

However, in Book of Judgement, on page 106, is an adventure hook which involes The Spire Stalker. The Stalker is rumored to be a spire noble serial killer (possibly the neice of Marius Hax) and the inspiration image looks very much like the necromundan spyrer.

from france

it is also described like the necromanuda one it looks like a mélée version of the yeld with less armour and mono blades instead of lasgun. i found it highly interesting for a assassin like the moritat or else.

I remember a sidebox in the first Tau book that brings up something interesting, I think...

It mentions (if I remember right) the nobles of Necromunda and their Spryer suits, and how they refuse to turn them over to the Inquisition and Mechanicus for examination and disposal, and don't really care that the suits are also transmitting data on their abilities back to their makers.

It might have been a pale attempt to tie the Tau in to the story of the game just a little bit more, but it does provide a neat hook.

Blood Pact said:

I remember a sidebox in the first Tau book that brings up something interesting, I think...

It mentions (if I remember right) the nobles of Necromunda and their Spryer suits, and how they refuse to turn them over to the Inquisition ...

I'm curious as to just how they'd get away with something like that. If Ordo Xenos believed that the rotten sons of noble houses zip around in xeno-tech artifacts inside a populous hive ... I just don't think "No" will be accepted. Do you?

Well, with the Inquisition it's not as simple as "everyone has to do what we say!", like it's sometimes (often?) laid out. There's all kinds of power blocs that can give them trouble. The Adeptus Mechanicus and Space Marines being the primary two. Though the Navigator Families are also quite powerful, aside from genetic purity and the usual heresy stuff, they probably don't come in to conflict with the =][= too much.

I'll have to bug a friend with an old copy of the Codex, to see if I can transfer that sidebar down.

Darth Smeg said:

I'm curious as to just how they'd get away with something like that. If Ordo Xenos believed that the rotten sons of noble houses zip around in xeno-tech artifacts inside a populous hive ... I just don't think "No" will be accepted. Do you?

Yes, pretty much. Oh, there'd be plenty of Inquisitors who would be annoyed - even furious - at the thought of them using forbidden xeno-tech in such a way, but they aren't really harming anyone (anyone important, that is) and they are a powerful group with great influence. Dealing with them isn't worth the effort. Better to focus on actual threats rather than putting an end to the petty amusements of the nobility.

Blood Pact said:

It mentions (if I remember right) the nobles of Necromunda and their Spryer suits, and how they refuse to turn them over to the Inquisition and Mechanicus for examination and disposal, and don't really care that the suits are also transmitting data on their abilities back to their makers.

It might have been a pale attempt to tie the Tau in to the story of the game just a little bit more, but it does provide a neat hook.

I'm a little puzzled how Tau suits made it all the way to the Segmentum Solar. All the capabilities of Spyrer suits are well within Imperial technical capability (if towards the more expensive and rare end of the spectrum). I'm inclined to think it was a way to shoehorn Tau into more of the wider galaxy, outside of their sphere of influence.