Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
juicebox

LIVING TOURNAMENT LIBRARY & WORLD RANKINGS

176 posts in this topic

Your forgot to put me in place 15 (i have 6 points as #5 in Passage Through Mirkwood). I plan to play the other 2 scenarios of Core game this weekend.

A question... can I use 3 plays in a row of the Tournaments Actives (not Living Tournaments, like the Tournament #11 actually running) as a play of this Living Tournament ? I know there is specific build sometimes, but if it can be counted, I problably will count all of them, not only the best ones.

Thanks for all this work you´re doing to ou enjoiment !

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Marael said:

Your forgot to put me in place 15 (i have 6 points as #5 in Passage Through Mirkwood). I plan to play the other 2 scenarios of Core game this weekend.

A question... can I use 3 plays in a row of the Tournaments Actives (not Living Tournaments, like the Tournament #11 actually running) as a play of this Living Tournament ? I know there is specific build sometimes, but if it can be counted, I problably will count all of them, not only the best ones.

Thanks for all this work you´re doing to ou enjoiment !

Deepest apologies Marael. sonrojado.gif Should be fixed now. Thank you for saying something.

And great question... if you play 3 games in a row using the same deck, sure. Count it!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

juicebox said:

Robert McMutton joins the party! gran_risa.gif

 

It's my pleasure. I will continue playing more living tournaments from now on.

Greetings to all.gran_risa.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I took a little trip through The Redhorn Gate!

Well, three trips to be more specific.

Though the third shall be deeply mourned.

May Lady Arwen RIP. corazon_roto.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Building my wa up to top 5 by my accounts !!!! After I complete all scenarios with my main deck to have at least some points on them, I will start to be specific to beat my colleagues and rivals. Spread to conquest !

 

You are doing a great job to maintain the interest in the game. I have just bought the last 2 expansions of Mirkwood cycle (and need to wait at least 5 weeks for them to come, by my experience), and mostly by the wish to continue playing here. If you are not comissioned by FFG, they need to think seriously about it, hehehe. Or they can support us giving some freebies to the better placed, do not know.

 

Anyway, less talk and more play. I need to post Rosghobel and Emym Muil to complete all I have. And I need to play Carrock better, as I only used the 3 hunters.

 

Thanks again for sparing your time to our enjoiment. And be still Sick Boy. I will catch you. Not so soon, but for sure. lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Congrats Marael, you and Golden_Nghtingale both made big moves up the table today.

And thanks for the compliments. I've really enjoyed hosting tournaments here. It's another way I enjoy this great game. And while it has been on my own initiative, there has been lots of great feedback and input from so many individuals from our online community here over the last many months.

So, no, I'm not on staff with FFG or anything, though if they wanted to offer me a part time job, I'd be glad to have that conversation. gui%C3%B1o.gif

In any case, thanks for the kind words, and so glad you're having a good time!

juicebox

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Soooooo much happened today.

Welcome to Anodos and Chac!

Also, we have our first World Rankings casualty. Will you work your way back Angus Lee?

And SiCK_Boy, while still holding a commanding lead, has been bumped back down to the realm of a double digit score.

Good times everybody!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Angus Lee... he's back.

Plus, lots of other exciting action.

Including... Robert McMutton posts multiple solo jail breaks and leptokurt reclaims top spot in RtR solo by mere tenths of points!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 Question to Juicebox: Are we allowed to use proxy of previewed upcoming cards? I know I could just wait a week or two, but say I wanted to try a secrecy deck featuring the new Aragorn and/or Resourceful, would it be allowed?

I understand we should not allow proxies for cards with new keywords and abilities that may require the actual rulebook to understand, but in the case of these cards, the text is pretty straightforward.

What are your thoughts?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

SiCK_Boy said:

 Question to Juicebox: Are we allowed to use proxy of previewed upcoming cards? I know I could just wait a week or two, but say I wanted to try a secrecy deck featuring the new Aragorn and/or Resourceful, would it be allowed?

I understand we should not allow proxies for cards with new keywords and abilities that may require the actual rulebook to understand, but in the case of these cards, the text is pretty straightforward.

What are your thoughts?

SiCK_Boy, this is a great question. My initial feeling is... why not? I'd like to give it about 24 hours of think time though. So, if anyone reading this wants to chime in (maybe there are some great reasons not to do this that we aren't considering), I'd be grateful for input before making a final decision.

So, in summary... anyone have thoughts on this you'd like to see factored in to a decision? I'll try and make a final call by late Wednesday evening (FFG time).

Also... some exciting updates to the Rankings today!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

And I finally got to top 3; considering that I only have Core + 4 first expansions, this is a very good result on my opinion.

 

About the proxy thing, I do not think is very fair; for example, may I use proxys of the next scenarios to play them ? May I use some Unexpected Courage or Celebrians Sotnes proxys to make a "turbinated" deck ?

For sure if you do not tell, no one will know; if you use a proxy right now and wait for the expansion to be launched and only after that put the results, no one will know as well, but this do not fell right on my opinion. This is what I have to tell.

I know that you are not trying to cheat or something like that (after all you have questioned), and I do not mean that; sometimes, as I am not a English native, the words I know can pass the wrong impression, so I like to make that clear. You are a worthy opponent, Sick Boy. And I will catch you :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well, on the topic of proxies, I may add that I'd be perfectly happy if anyone was using proxies to represent 3 x Core sets, if they wanted.

I do believe having access to multiple Core sets can significantly increase your deckbuilding options and the strength of those decks, resulting in better scores (for cards such as Sneak Attack, Protector of Lorien, Unexpected Courage and Celebrian's Stone, for example).

The way I see it is that choosing to use less than 3 x Core set is just an added self-imposed restriction people have. It's no better or worse; what really matter is enjoyment of the game. But it's the same thing as people choosing to not play with Beravor or Northern Tracker, for example.

When I compare my scores to others, the available card pool for that player is often the first thing I'll look at.

In the same way, if someone wanted to just "print" their own copies of Massing at Osgiliath to try it, I don't see why their results would not be valid.

I can understand this is not something Juicebox would want to encourage; but the fact is that when talking about a competition like these tournaments, what matters is that people have access to the right tools to participate.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

SiCK_Boy said:

Well, on the topic of proxies, I may add that I'd be perfectly happy if anyone was using proxies to represent 3 x Core sets, if they wanted.

I do believe having access to multiple Core sets can significantly increase your deckbuilding options and the strength of those decks, resulting in better scores (for cards such as Sneak Attack, Protector of Lorien, Unexpected Courage and Celebrian's Stone, for example).

The way I see it is that choosing to use less than 3 x Core set is just an added self-imposed restriction people have. It's no better or worse; what really matter is enjoyment of the game. But it's the same thing as people choosing to not play with Beravor or Northern Tracker, for example.

When I compare my scores to others, the available card pool for that player is often the first thing I'll look at.

In the same way, if someone wanted to just "print" their own copies of Massing at Osgiliath to try it, I don't see why their results would not be valid.

I can understand this is not something Juicebox would want to encourage; but the fact is that when talking about a competition like these tournaments, what matters is that people have access to the right tools to participate.

OTOH limting yourself to one core set allows you to use more options and combos that you probably wouldn't try if you had all those precious cards in sets of three. I myself like the challenge of having only a limited number of some über cards. I'm a Bilbo player after all.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Since there has been a general culture of accepting the use of proxies to make multiples of cards from the core set (which has been fine here in the context of the Living Tournaments as well), I feel the main question at hand is whether to allow proxies of spoiled yet-to-be-released cards that have been made public by FFG through the official website.

My initial inclination was to say... why not? Yet, as I've been thinking more about it, something doesn't set quite right. I think my hesitation lies in that sometimes FFG has spoiled cards well ahead of their release date (remember Boromir?). In those cases, we have a view on a particular card without the full context of the released set and accompanying additional instructions. Yes, this recent spoiler of a new Aragorn (or Loragorn, as some have been calling him - I think that's crazy hilarious), is due to be released just around the corner and seems pretty straightforward. However, I worry that to green-light the use of proxies of yet-to-be-released cards sets up a precedent that may not always be so "neat" and "clean." So, I'd like to say... let's hold off on this, with the following caveat:

Feel free to proxy the FFG spoiled cards in the Living Tournaments before their official release date, but wait to publish the results from the games you play until they have been released. Once they have been released, if there were no unforeseen rules that would somehow invalidate your results, go ahead and publish your game results at that time.

Sound like a fair compromise?

Since I'm basically saying to wait, I'm still open to more feedback around this. It's easier to say no first and change that to a yes than to go the other way.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Okay... I blink for one day, and muemakan makes his presence KNOWN!  gran_risa.gif

A new all time high on the ranking board = 132. Nice.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0