Sign in to follow this  
Rashley

Single use Command Cards

I have just started playing this game again after a short interval and was a little confused about non full use of Command Cards.  I know that all the cards should be read as 'up to X units' etc.  However, I believe I saw that ANY Command Card could be used to order a single unit.  Does this mean that a redundant 'Rally All' card could be used to order a single unit to move/attack?  Cheers!

I hoped that was the case, and I assume a Commander has to give that command.  Now I can get back to refighting all the scenarios from basic and 1st two expansions.  I am notating them so I can write them up as stories.  Cheers!

Please let us know where to find those stories on the web. Ours are here (and on BGG): http://lannister4live.tumblr.com/

BTW. I don't think that playing with the optional rules will make much of a difference. In particular, I've seldom found the need to use an reactivate all card to order a unit (or if I did, I lacked an order token, or the unit was not in command range, or ...). The errata (non-optional) rule about directional retreats is much more important.

I agree that the 'directional retreat' rule is more significant, but just wanted to check that a 'Rally' Command card could be used to move/attack a single unit and wether it was still a 'Command' - put token on commander - or just an 'Order'.  Of the other 'new' rules, the 'coordinated attacks' give a good option as a 'flanking' attack can sometimes be lost if the 1st unit 'retreats' the target away from the 2nd+ unit.  I havn't really tried the 'withdrawl' option.

The other rule which I often have to think hard about is the 'reduced strength' one.  It obviously reduces the dice rolled by 1, but is this counted as a 'modifier'?  Eg:- A Blue unit attacking into a wood has maximum 2 dice before modifiers.  If it has only half or less figures remaining, is it normal maximum 2 dice then minus 1 dice for reduced, or minus 1 dice for reduced then its maximum 2 dice?  For Red units it is even more marked! Cheers!

Yes, I believe it is counted as a modifier, so a Red Rank Unit at Reduced Strength attacking into or out of a Forest would only roll one Attack die.

Is there a rule on a minimum number of combat dice rolled?  Can a unit be reduced to zero combat dice, or is there a minimum of say, [1] combat die?

There is a minimum of one die. Can't find the post where this is clarified, though. This does not apply to units supporting a coordinated attack, though - a reduced strength green unit will contribute no extra die.