Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
telengard

Anyone that demo'ed the game @ GenCon, I could use your help!

28 posts in this topic

telengard said:

Budgernaut said:

I just want to make sure I get this. So when you say mission combat, you're referring to any if the first three lines on the strategy card. If it is a Rebel crest, the mission zone must attack/defend. However, on the fourth line (with the arrow), you don't compare attack. Instead, you compare the total number of Rebel crests in the mission zone to Imperial insignias in the target zone. Whatever excess you have gets placed as tokens on the mission card. That's how I thought the last part of the combat phase went. I still don't know what happens if you fail that part.

Yes, the first three which on all of the spoiled cards seems to be similar (just different colors).  

And, yep, that's my understanding of how the actual "missioning" works.  Any amount over the Imperials total is considered "progress", akin to LotR LCG.

~telengard

Yes, this is described correctly.  As to failing the time constraints are tight enough and time is progressing on each turn.  Not getting progress is enough of a penalty that you don't need any more on top of it.

So it has been quite a while and I have some updates.  Now that the *true* game's release is imminent, I'm not sure where the best place to discuss this is, or if folks are even still interest.  My current pass at the rules is here (in just plain text, I'll make it fancy when it is done):

http://home.comcast.net/~bsturk/sw_rules.txt

And I'm switched all of my card templates from Nandeck to Photoshop, here's a sample of a 'Strategy' card:

http://home.comcast.net/~bsturk/sw_strategy.jpg

Going by the very few decent quality images available it has been more work than I expected to clean up the cards, etc.

Please let me know what you think (I know there is lots more todo).

~telengard

I just glanced through the rules, so no true feedback for you yet, but I just wanted to say that remembering the original game gets me really excited. As excited as I am for the new game, it's nothing compared to how excited I was for the co-op version, and looking at your rules and the strategy card brought that all back.

You're right that we probably will need to find a new place to discuss the old game. I'm just not sure where to do it. But I'm definitely interesting in seeing what we can make out of the old co-op game.