Sign in to follow this  
Gaztutts

Challenge Dice.

Is 4 challenge dice the highest that any player could have in a roll or is it possible to get more?

i.e. Target has defence 4 and your attack adds a challenge dice - does that mean you could have 5 difficulty dice or is 4 the cap?

Many thanks

G.

Gaztutts said:

Is 4 challenge dice the highest that any player could have in a roll or is it possible to get more?

i.e. Target has defence 4 and your attack adds a challenge dice - does that mean you could have 5 difficulty dice or is 4 the cap?

Many thanks

G.

4 challenge dice are not a cap, although I can not come now with an easy example where you can get more challenge dice.

Be careful, defence add misfortune die and not challenge die!

Yepesnopes said:

4 challenge dice are not a cap, although I can not come now with an easy example where you can get more challenge dice.

Here is combat example:

Player uses "Bullseye" (2d) Ranged Action card which is "vs Target Defence" (1d)  on a target that is under the effect of 3 successes of "Improved Guard"  (1d) and uses the  "Improved Block"  Active Defence (1d).

= 5 Challenge Dice

if the target had a Defence of 2 then add 2 Misfortune Dice to that roll.

Yepesnopes said:

Gaztutts said:

Many thanks

G.

Thank you for help but I think I've been running the rules wrong for 6 months! Assumed that defence (i.e armour) gave more challenge dice and not misfortune! My bad!

So to confirm:

A dwarf with Defence 4 - would add 1purple and 4 black to any hits from a creature using a basic melee strike?

Thanks for help all!

G.

Gaztutts said:

Thank you for help but I think I've been running the rules wrong for 6 months! Assumed that defence (i.e armour) gave more challenge dice and not misfortune! My bad!

So to confirm:

A dwarf with Defence 4 - would add 1purple and 4 black to any hits from a creature using a basic melee strike?

Thanks for help all!

G.

Yes

LoveSkylark said:

Did the same thing :)    Until a player pointed out how silly it was that you had more chance of getting a chaos star if your opponent had on an armor.

Well your gun is more likely to blow up if someone dodges your shot :)

Adding 2 black dice instead of challenge dice may be a good option as well.  2 black dice are about the same cancellation probabability, but they don't add the chaos star.  Combinations of both are encouraged :)

jh