Sign in to follow this  
soapmode

Forbidden Alchemy: Request for Replacement Components

I sent an email (subject: Forbidden Alchemy Replacement Components) with my name and address to Fantasy Flight's customer service, as directed in the Forbidden Alchemy audit news, but received a rather generic reply:

---------------------------------------------------

Sorry about the delay in getting a hold of you. We are receiving a higher volume of emails then normally here at the customer service department which has resulted in a slow down of parts replacement and response to general requests.

Thank you for taking the time to contact FFG Customer Service. It has come to our attention that Forbidden Alchemy, our recently released expansion for Mansions of Madness, has a few serious errors with particular components. Please be aware that we are committed to take care of your problem, and any replacement materials required will be sent to you at no charge.

Our CEO and founder Christian T. Petersen has issued a statement on our home page, which you can read for full details.

After an audit of the product, affected customers will receive the following replacement components:

“Bone Saw” Starting Item card
“Wrong Turn” Mythos card
“Sword Cane” Starting Item card
“Studies on Hysteria” Starting Item card
“Memory Hole” Side Effect card
“Return of the Reanimator: Objective 1B” Objective card
“Fire and Vengeance: Return of the Reanimator III” Event card
“It’s Him!: Return of the Reanimator IV” Event card
“Yellow Matter: Objective 1C” Objective card
"Lost in Time and Space: Objective 1C" Objective card
Rules of Play/Investigator Guide book (Revised Printing)
Keeper Guide book (Revised Printing)

Please also visit the FAQ and Errata (pdf 1.5mb) for more information.

We apologize for this unacceptable issue and we will work to correct it.

Regards,

Kalar Komarec
Customer Service Associate
Fantasy Flight Games Customer Service Team
customerservice@fantasyflightgames.com
Issue Statement: http://www.fantasyflightgames.com/edge_news.asp?eidn=2930
Fix List: http://www.fantasyflightgames.com/edge_news.asp?eidn=2944
FAQ and Errata: http://www.fantasyflightgames.com/ffg_content/mansions-of-madness/support/MAD_ForbiddenAlchemy_FAQ.pdf

---------------------------------------------------

Is this what other people received? It's a little confusing as nowhere in the email is there an indication that my name and address has been noted. I do understand they're still in the midst of printing the new cards, I'd just feel better knowing for certain I'm on the list of receivers. Rather than repeating the text from the news article (which I had already to have read in order to know to email them) a brief 'We've made a note of your details and you can expect to receive your replacement components in X weeks' would have been clearer.

Well mine was - 

Ruslan,

Sorry about the delay in getting a hold of you. We sadly are undergoing structural change here at the customer service department which has resulted in a slow down of parts replacement and response to general requests.

Thank you for taking the time to contact FFG Customer Service. It has come to our attention that Forbidden Alchemy, our recently released expansion for Mansions of Madness, has a few serious errors with particular components. Please be aware that we are committed to take care of your problem, and any replacement materials required will be sent to you at no charge.

Our CEO and founder Christian T. Petersen has issued a statement on our home page, which you can read for full details.

After an audit of the product, affected customers will receive the following replacement components:

“Bone Saw” Starting Item card
“Wrong Turn” Mythos card
“Sword Cane” Starting Item card
“Studies on Hysteria” Starting Item card
“Memory Hole” Side Effect card
“Return of the Reanimator: Objective 1B” Objective card
“Fire and Vengeance: Return of the Reanimator III” Event card
“It’s Him!: Return of the Reanimator IV” Event card
“Yellow Matter: Objective 1C” Objective card
"Lost in Time and Space: Objective 1C" Objective card
Rules of Play/Investigator Guide book (Revised Printing)
Keeper Guide book (Revised Printing)

Please also visit the FAQ and Errata (pdf 1.5mb) for more information.

We apologize for this unacceptable issue and we will work to correct it.

Regards,

Kalar Komarec
Customer Service Associate
Fantasy Flight Games Customer Service Team
customerservice@fantasyflightgames.com
Issue Statement: http://www.fantasyflightgames.com/edge_news.asp?eidn=2930
Fix List: http://www.fantasyflightgames.com/edge_news.asp?eidn=2944
FAQ and Errata: http://www.fantasyflightgames.com/ffg_content/mansions-of-madness/support/MAD_ForbiddenAlchemy_FAQ.pdf

As you can see it is the same. But still an answer is better than no reaction at all. They mentioned  in FAQ that  quote :"We will begin shipping corrected components, along with your copy of Dance of the Damned, as soon as we receive them (please allow 8-10 weeks for production and processing).". So you'll just have to w8. If you got your answer your corrected components should be under work already.( Give them a month at least)

I got the same form email.  I suspect they may be getting swamped by requested.  Also, the list of stuff is a tad long.  I understand the form email.  I just hope I get the new stuff soon. 

Tony

I got my response at the tail end of december/beginning of january.  It is now March.   That's 9 weeks and not a peep.  I realize it said "8 to 10 weeks", but is there any news as to when the replacements are actually being sent out?

TyrionXavier said:

I got my response at the tail end of december/beginning of january.  It is now March.   That's 9 weeks and not a peep.  I realize it said "8 to 10 weeks", but is there any news as to when the replacements are actually being sent out?

So, no one has received a single replacement yet? Seriously? ::shock::

Well, I received my replacement parts package along with a letter of apology and compensation in the form of a novel little more than a week after I sent my request.

Color me impressed with FFGs commitment to making this as right as they can for the early adopters.

Kudos due and given.

Now if they can just take everyone's advice on the lack of playtesting...

TyrionXavier said:

Mine arrived in the mail today.  Roughly 11 weeks from notice.