Sign in to follow this  
DerBarchen

Hopes for the future/if you were a champion...

Over the last few weeks I found myself spending a lot of time wondering what kind of cards may be in store in the future and what kind of crazzy shennanigans Id get up to if I ever won the World and/or European tourney so I thought it would be fun to post some of them here and see what other people thing may be down the road after the Beyond the Narrow Sea cycle!

I was thinking itd be cool if we got a set of agendas for minor houses that synergise with existing themes like a House Dayne agenda, a house Tyrell agenda, maybe a Dothraki or Unsullied agenda for the Targs (could even be Blackfire that synergises with Bastards =D )

Another thing Id love to see and that still hasnt made a come back from the CCG erra are Others, in any shape or form. I would Love to have a proper set of Others cards, maybe their own set of North agendas? Its about time we got back to the north with the chapter packs!

Lastly, if I won a chance to make a new card...man...I would make some sort of version of Brothers at War that every house can use...it would be...Intense.

LOL.  Martell had a card like that (sort of, in a broken sort of way), called Price's Loyalist.  Still my #1 hated card of all time. 

Certainly I would like to see a consistently playable nuetral attachment with a save mechanic.  0 cost, +1 strength, set-up keyword plus draw a card when you play it, discard it and kneel attached character to save him/her.  Some sort of limitation (only can be played on a character with a crest?). 

DerBarchen said:

Mathias Fricot said:

I would give him "immune to opponent's card effects" just to be safe :P

if you want him to be safe hed need "imune to FAQs"

+100!

Nicely done :P

If I had to layout my  card ideas:

Robert's Hammer

Baratheon unique attachment

2G

response: If you win a power challenge with attached character, yell as loud as possible "ITS HAMMERTIME!" to kill an opponents participating character.

Sansa

3g

unique neutral Lady (Intrigue, Power) 3 STR

only one copy of sansa can be in play, if others are in play at the time this sansa was played, discard all other from play(no save).

You cannot win the game unless you control sansa, regardless of power.

Any Phase: kneel 2 influence to take control of Sansa, anyone can trigger this ability

"omg littlefinger loves me!"

Jon Snow

2G house targaryen lord, nightswatch, bastard, king

infamy, renown, deadly, intimidate, ambush, vigilant, vengeful

tricon. 4 str

jon snow cannot be killed

"u mad, bro?"

rings said:

Certainly I would like to see a consistently playable nuetral attachment with a save mechanic.  0 cost, +1 strength, set-up keyword plus draw a card when you play it, discard it and kneel attached character to save him/her.  Some sort of limitation (only can be played on a character with a crest?). 

~Are you looking to put Greyjoy out of a job??

Neutral save would be cool, but I think we need better neutral Location control first if you ask me. Wasnt there a plot back in the day that was basically Fleeing but it was pick 2 locations and discard the rest? I thought that was pretty nifty, should get a reprint!

Stormlands Maester Non-Unique Baratheon character

Cost 3

Str 3

Intrigue

Power

Learned Crest

Maester. Fool.

If you lose a power challenge, discard Stormlands Maester.

Limited Response: After you win a power challenge in which Stormlands Maester participated, stand Stormlands Maester and you may initiate an additional power challenge as your next player action. If you lose the challenge you can not initiate any further challenges.

Mathias Fricot said:

That would just be another fleeing. There is neutral location hate; condemned by the council, pyromancer's apprentice come to mind. But your right, something thats different than just winning a challenge... like a dominance winning event maybe? I'm not sure. Just something that isn't a better version of another card (the 2 vs 3 fleeing is really just a power creep towards a location valar). Favourable ground is nice, but you lose your own stuff when you play it.

It wouldn't be Fleeing.  I would be 50% better than fleeing (or 33%, depending on how you look at things).  I would have much rather seen Catastrophe than Fleeing, even with 1 less gold.

I have already ranted and raved about lack of location removal outside of GJ.  The ones above are so/so (Condemned being the best), but compared to the control of characters it isn't even 1/10th of the playable cards.  Especially using plots, which is probably the best way to control any card (Valar, Wildfire, First Snow, Search and Detain, Red Wedding, Frey Hospitality are just a few of the very playable plots compared to...Fleeing). 

Search and detain works on locations as well doesn't it?  I agree I would much rather see catastrophe than fleeing, but from my experience playing both fleeing and catastrophe in the CCG days, there is generally only 1 or 2 locations that you really want to get rid.  Perhaps a plot card that said something like when revealed each player chooses 1 location that they do not control and discards it from play(can not be saved.)

Mathias Fricot said:

Rings, I totally agree with you. My point was that we shouldn't just have a power creep of location control but instead different ways than already exist. I agree with you on location control.

Id preffer a power creep to nothing at all! Perhaps a location Valar would be Too much control? But Catastrophe would definately see more play that Fleeing does. (that said, my gj deck has 20 locations so I dont like either)

in other news:

Infinite Bear Wight, Neutral
Cost 1
Str 3
Military Icon
Others. Creature. The North.
Melee. Deadly.

Immune to events. It is winter. (like, for Sure, screw your Ravens)
If it is Winter move Bear Wight from the dead or discard pile into your hand.

The picture would be a wight version of me riding down Bran Stark.

I would like an event that allowed you to treat a card as if it had just been played/revealed for uses like copying a plot effect or something like Arys Oakheart or Newly made lord. I imagine it'd have to be limit once per deck or have a pretty hefty cost though.

Lets See:

Plot - You Win Or You Die 1 4 2

Others: The player that wins initiative discards all cards in play and in hand (cannot be saved).

Attachment - Longclaw 1

Weapon • Item 

Challenges: Kneel attached character, to pause the current game, set aside all cards in play, power on the house card and cards in hand and start a new game. The winner of that game claims 1 power for his or her house. Then stand attached character.

Agenda - Borked Card - House Martell

This card is broken because it costs more than Stark murder, but nobody plays Stark.

Event - Haha

Response: After a player forgets to trigger a response that would win them the game, play this event, that player no longer counts power towards victory, leave this event in play as a reminder to how stupid they are.

"I am so sorry to do this" - Josh Staton

( To be fair, since I was poking fun at one player, I had to include this to remind people how foolish I am).

Character - Stalwart Wolf 0

STR 4 • MP

House Stark • Ally • Direwolf • Noble Crest • Stalwart • Deadly • Stealth • Renown • Doomed

Opponent's cannot trigger effects.

Cannot be killed.

(This will totally go under the radar).

Character - Aeron Damphair - 3

STR 2 • P

Ironborn • House Greyjoy • Holy Crest 

Response: Draw a card to cancel a card effect that would save an opponent's character from being killed, discarded, or returned to hand.

DerBarchen said:

Infinite Bear Wight, Neutral
Cost 1
Str 3
Military Icon
Others. Creature. The North.
Melee. Deadly.

Immune to events. It is winter. (like, for Sure, screw your Ravens)
If it is Winter move Bear Wight from the dead or discard pile into your hand.

The picture would be a wight version of me riding down Bran Stark.

why not go for broke and have the bear chewing his legs off???

Im sure GRRM will do this eventually, a major character is due for loosing an appendage.

I second the request for bounty of the realm, one of my all time favorite plots, though it would probably be over the top in the LCG.  Another plot I really  miss is Prove one's worth, 4/2/1 your unique characters gain renown.  I loved that as a solid plot for decks with a large amount of unique characters.