Sign in to follow this  
WintermuteZero

3 Players

I've ordered my Core-Set together with the Asylum Packs "Mountains of Madness" & "The Spawn of the Sleeper" and i can't wait to have it in my hands (even if it is lacking proof reading).

Is it possible, to play the Core with 3 people at once? I know there are offical Multiplayer-Rules, but do i need to buy multiple Cores&Asylums to enjoy a 3-Player-game? There are 7 fractions, so if everbody picks 2, there SHOULD be a way to play it with 3 Players. But are there enough cards left in the core? is it still fun to play?

I would still lack additional Story-Cards, as it's pointed out in the rules, every player in an multiplayer game needs a story-deck for themselves.

Has anybody already tried a 3-Player game and can share his experiences? And remember, i haven't played even a minute of the CoC LCG :-D

It generally won't be a problem, especially with a few added Asylum Packs to beef up the decksizes a little. I'd recommend keeping track of what player won what story by for example writing it down. Should be doable, though.

Thanks for your responses!

When my package arrives, i will try to play the core along with the AP's. I am willing to buy a second Core, but i first want to see, if it works with just the core + AP's. I forgot to buy Ancient Horrors sad.gif, what would be a great addition. When i have time, i will report my experiences with a 3-Player game. Problem really seems to be the neutral cards. The suggestion with keeping track of the Story-Cards by writing is great. Thanks!

WintermuteZero said:

Thanks for your responses!

When my package arrives, i will try to play the core along with the AP's. I am willing to buy a second Core, but i first want to see, if it works with just the core + AP's. I forgot to buy Ancient Horrors sad.gif, what would be a great addition. When i have time, i will report my experiences with a 3-Player game. Problem really seems to be the neutral cards. The suggestion with keeping track of the Story-Cards by writing is great. Thanks!

yes, please do tell and I'll link this thread to a friend. He won't jump in unless multi-player is possible.  and I enjoy Ancient Horrors a lot, so pick one up used!

I will receive finally my Core-Set tomorrow. It got stuck at customs. I already play Arkham Horror with my friends and i REALLY LOVE it. I will buy me myself my own copy if i have some money to spare. By the way, it seems there is another discussion about Multiplayer-games in the forum: http://new.fantasyflightgames.com/edge_foros_discusion.asp?efid=35&efcid=4&efidt=63286

There are already some experiences with Multiplayer games and different playstyles.

After playing some Multiplayerr-rounds, here is my verdict:

It is possible, but with just one core it's lacking heavily the neutral cards. It is really necessary to add either 1 or 2  core's or add up with asylums containing some good neutrals (preferably with characters).

The negative side is, taht with just the core there isn't much of deck building. Therefore aome combinations you have to fall back to due to 3 Players are lacking power or playability. The positive side is, that heavy decks (Cthulhu and or Agency) is getting attacked by two sides, preventing domination.

So i would recommend it to other players, but not just with the base set. You have to be ready to spend a little bit of money for additional cards.