Sign in to follow this  
Nitro Pirate

Quentyn Martell

.... is absurd.

This card will end up banned.

*edit* - okay re-read him once I'd had a glass of water and a lay down. He's not as bad as I thought (read it as draw a card for each character at first), but he's still the best of the agenda characters that have been revealed so far. Another top Martell card. We'll be seeing a lot of this guy.

~Dare we hope that this running trend will mean that the Bara players will soon gain a charagenda that gives all unique Bara chars the Vigilant keyword? preocupado.gif

Ruvion said:

~Dare we hope that this running trend will mean that the Bara players will soon gain a charagenda that gives all unique Bara chars the Vigilant keyword?

Francisco G. said:

I would prefer if it gave Renown to unique ones....or even non unique ones

Just played my first deck using the "Arena Knight", and WOW - I really dig the "Vigilant" thing (yeah I'm a relative noob and I realize that stuff has been out there for a long time, but it's "new" for me...)  Anyway, Vigilant for non-uniques would be cool - already enough "Renown" for Bara.

(and yes I caught the sarcasm "~" from the first post, but nevertheless I like the idea)

ktom said:

Nitro Pirate said:

.... is absurd.

This card will end up banned.

~ Yeah, because if there was one thing Martell couldn't do before, it was draw.

There's never too much draw.

Can't wait to see vengeful Hotah kicking about.

...and once you do get to a point where you have too much draw, ie +3 card/round, then you always got "reveal and put into hand" effects kicking in for Martells.

im def feeling a bit of envy from my stark decks. Kindly old man is cool, but no where near as grounded in the houses strengths and mechanics. heck, even griff's unkillable attachment recursion doesnt feel as good as this... thank goodness i play martell too!

AndyS said:

I think this is the weakest of the 3 charagendas seen so far. 

There just aren't enough good martell uniques.

They may be introducing some new ones or version of pre-existing ones that may be pay for costs or what not.

I can just see Myrcella Lannister in Melee at least, swapping titles every time they lost a challenge for whatever advantage you may get at that time.

Areo Hotah would be a major ******* also if he had Vengeful.

Maester Kedry will provide influence to fuel an annoying event each time the challenge is lost as well.

Scheming on the Sand can now be paid for(if it's summer) with a challenge lost without as many worries since all your noble martells will stand from Vengeful.

The plot at least will allow Martell decks to be a tad more flexible because kneeling certain characters to pay for costs will be easier to use.  I am not too worried about this plot, but do like what it may bring.

Giving Vengeful to any version of TRV is powerful. The new one in particular will have some alternate opportunities to stand thus allowing him to preserve some gold for boosting Claim Value later.

Bastard of Godsgrace is also good. Getting your Renown characters to stand is also good.

playgroundpsychotic said:

Bastard of Godsgrace is also good. Getting your Renown characters to stand is also good.

I can see that point.  Perhaps win a challenge as the attacker and collect renown.  Then lose a challenge as the defender, stand the Renown guys.  Then go all out on the next challenge as the defender to collect the Renown power again.  Profit.

TRV I only see like I see most other reasons to defend with vengeful.  To keep it from going unopposed.  However, the newest one would be great to rack up the gold on.

rings said:

Well, they have to be good.  You don't get to start with an agenda, which is certainly a drawback these days. 

Well, at least you can more easily hold off everyone's favorite Stark boogeyman, the Northern Cavalry Flank, more easily. :)

Oh hai guys! First, let me introduce myself: I'm really unoriginal, broken and stupid card idea man! I know, it just rolls off the tongue ;) Anyway, lets make a useful keyword even better! So, when I lose a challenge not only do I get to STAND but I also get to DRAW a card. How great is that! What a great card maker I am!

My opinion on Martell so far was: They sure have some of the most broken cards, but at least they lack the consistent draw to really abuse it. I hope this card just turns out to be not a very reliable draw engine

I`d give them my (now finally reprinted) +1 moneylending income if theyd just stop doing awesome Martell cards and give Targ some carddraw or something

Lets see, I have to draw into this character or search for him. I have to forgo all the other possible agenda's that Martell can use, including Summer and Maesters both of which provide draw. My draw is conditional on losing challenges... While this may seem awesome in another House, it seems to barely be worth the trouble in a Martell deck, and only then if I am running a revenge based deck.

The irony in your post is so delicious! Basically you are saying people would have to change their already absurdly powerful Martell decks to add yet another awesome Martell card. Woe is you!

Deathjester26 said:

~I'm just glad we have our next Martell card lined up to complain about.  I imagine GG will get nerfed before regional season, and I was really worried there wouldn't be any more posts like this cool.gif.

hahaha, I was just thinking a few days ago "gee, I wonder what kind of card will come out of the next cycle that will get everyone outraged" The fallout is really entertaining :P

I am confused at the last post. You need 4 gold for the flank, fear only provides 2. And since the agenda will not be in place the first time the flank attacks at the very least they will kneel. 

Mathias Fricot said:

It isn't as good as the targ character/agenda because of that that does for the specific targ attachments (like Flame Kissed). Think of a martell deck that did not have an agenda, and then look at what this does for it.

I dunno about that. Obviously, Martell isn't hurting for draw but it changes your options around which isn't too bad. Being able to stand large numbers of characters is always good. If they add more effects that key off of having large numbers of uniques, he'll be even better. He does provide something different then current agendas. KoS provides nice draw but that's not to say its replaceable. The Kindly Man is interesting since it provides something that Stark doesn't normally do. I can't say its better or worse than other Agendas although I am amused by the idea of constantly recurring House Umber Berserkers. 

Griff by comparison cuts off Targ draw for potentially more efficient recursion. Thing is there's no reason to do this since you can still have your draw cake and still eat pretty good recursion. He could be very interesting if they make something that keys off of his traits and crest or his ability to jump into and out of play.