Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
EatSleepPharmacy

Ranged Units & Lore

4 posts in this topic

As I am sure most of us are aware, there is a division in the ranks as to whether or not Battle Savvy rules are a good addition or not to the system. I find myself inclined to not play with them, but that is not the point of this thread. I'd like to discuss the affect of Battle Savvy on ranged units. I happen to like that ranged units were all streamlined by making none of them collect lore at range. No longer would one have to consult references for the 3 or 4 types of ranged units on the board during a game!

How do those of you who choose not to play with Battle Savvy treat Human & Dwarf Arbalestiers and Dwarven Bolt Throwers? Do they collect lore in your games? Should I just let the common bow and sling collect lore? 

I do still have the common bow and slingers collect lore - I view it as a trade-off for the potency of the ranged units that hit on bonus strikes.  If anything, I would add the reflex bow to the lore collecting ranks :)

When playing Epic games, I do follow the rule that no ranged combat collects lore.