Sign in to follow this  
Skowza

GG = NPE

rings said:

~Yes, very consistent way to spend 3 to get rid of something that costs 2, was already used at least once, and was conditional that they used all their gold.  lengua.gif  But, you get a bad character as well...so there is that. 

j/k, but there is a reason that Apprentice is rarely used. 

Back to your question though - yes, I think that Martell can consitently stop people from using triggered abilities.  But, even if not, it is so cheap that I don't think their deck suffers much if you get your 1-for-1 removal done.  Big upside, very little downside plus good control with protection from Valar as as sidenote  happy.gif

Mathlete has it though, I think Aegon's Hill is a very strong counter for Targ.

Aegon's Hill is a fantastic counter.  I think it's a great location in general anyway considering what you can do to unique characters.

Now if only we can figure out counters with some of the other houses that struggle against GG. :-)

rings said:

Rave said:

Yeah, you're right.  I played it when he didn't have gold, and it was knelt.

~Yes, very consistent way to spend 3 to get rid of something that costs 2, was already used at least once, and was conditional that they used all their gold.  lengua.gif  But, you get a bad character as well...so there is that. 

j/k, but there is a reason that Apprentice is rarely used. 

Back to your question though - yes, I think that Martell can consitently stop people from using triggered abilities.  But, even if not, it is so cheap that I don't think their deck suffers much if you get your 1-for-1 removal done.  Big upside, very little downside plus good control with protection from Valar as as sidenote  happy.gif

Mathlete has it though, I think Aegon's Hill is a very strong counter for Targ.

lol... ahhh, thanks for the chemical burn. corazon_roto.gif

To be fair though, Lanni Iron Throne is a pretty extreme example.  I was just saying that what sounds near impossible can be done, and sometimes with little effort.  We can sit and theorycraft all day, but when it comes down to it, I have a card that can deal with GG, and you need to keep me from having it go off.

Also, he's a good setup card, and can blow up anything.  I don't really mind if he's a bad character. 

But that being said, I think my view of Martell is probably skewed.  I guess I need to play against more Martell.  Wanna hop on OCTGN sometime?

Rave said:

But that being said, I think my view of Martell is probably skewed.  I guess I need to play against more Martell.  Wanna hop on OCTGN sometime?

I would love to!  If someone would come to my house and set it up for me preocupado.gif  I had a hard time the first time (granted, right when it was coming out) and just haven't found time to try again (kids, FTL).  You will just have to wait until Kubla I guess!!!  Can't wait...

Kennon said:

Hmmm... I would say probably anything that can't be played during Setup at the beginning of the game. :P

For the record that's any Event without the Shadows Crest, any attachment without the Setup keyword, and any character or location with a cost above 5 gold.

Or Coin MInt and the like

Infernarl said:

Kennon said:

Hmmm... I would say probably anything that can't be played during Setup at the beginning of the game. :P

For the record that's any Event without the Shadows Crest, any attachment without the Setup keyword, and any character or location with a cost above 5 gold.

Or Coin MInt and the like

Ah, but things like Coin Mint and Iron Cliffs can indeed be played during setup. You just often don't want to. Likewise characters with comes into play abilities- Aerys Oakheart, Jorah Mormont,Enemy Informer, etc.

Well now you're just talking crazy.lengua.gif

OK, maybe it could make sense to play Arys in setup; he's a fairly strong character with Renown and no attachments except weapons. But the entire point of playing Enemy Informer or Newly Made Lord or whatever is for their come-into-play effect. If you're not counting that as a dead card in your hand for set-up, that's madness. And hell, even then it's better than placing a location like Iron Cliffs or Coin Mint. If I blow a Newly Made Lord during set-up, I at least have a character I can use in challenges in play. Iron Cliffs in set-up literally gives me nothing.

(Though you were likely joking.)