Sign in to follow this  
Keroak

More than 4 heroes in a RotL Campaign.

I'm thinking about starting a new campaign of RotL

The problem is that we would be more than 5 players so i had an idea to allow anyone to play.

My idea is this:

- Every player would play with one character. So, i.e, with 7 players will have a party of 6 heroes.

- Every Encounter or Dungeon would be played by 4 heroes.

- We would play through e-mail till the party had an encounter or explored a dungeon. In that case, the party would depend in the players who showed up in the next game session.

- The money rewards would be adjusted to the size of the party. I. e., a 6 heroes party would gain 150 coins in a copper campaign chest, instead of 100 c.

- The cost of benefits for the whole party would be increased in the same way. A round of drinks in the Tavern in copper level would cost 75 c instead of 50.

- The cost of particular benefits or objects for a singular hero wouldn't change.

What do you think about this variant? Has someone tried something similar?

Is there any application to record the campaign progress?

Thank you,

Á

We did a 5 hero campaign were all the heroes participated. The OL gets 1 additional threat per turn, his monsters receive +3 health per campaign level, +1 armor (just 1, not 1 per campaign level,) and the heroes receive 1 additional black die on encounter and chest rolls.

not a perfect system, but it worked ok.

I think you need to increase the number or power of the monsters as well.  Otherwise, the players will just kill them all before the Overlord gets a chance to activate any of them.

As for recording, the campaign sheet comes with a front and a back.  I would just turn it over and record the extra players on the back.

Well.. the monsters are ever going to fight against 4 heroes. So i think i wouldn't increase their power.

In the other hand.. I don't know how to solve the Overlord's Keep. Since i don't think any hero would want to miss the Final Battle.

Anyway I hope we would figure it out at that moment. May be i will apply the Torin Negatia's sugestions fpor that (The OL gets 1 additional threat per turn, his monsters receive +3 health per campaign level, +1 armor (just 1, not 1 per campaign level) and the heroes receive 1 additional black die on encounter and chest rolls.

Actually i would apply the additional black die on encounters and chest rolls for the hole campaign.

Thank you.