Sign in to follow this  
Brother-Captain Belfire

Dark Heresy Ascension Campaign, world wide battle

Hello all, I have an Idea for an Ascension Based Campaign. The Pc's are currently on Hive World Still Yet to be named. It is going to be like Dark Crusade, where the PC's are going to have to travel from area to area to defeat or ally humans or xenos. Currently they are in teh main hive. It is currently being under sieged by a strange reptilian xenos race. My players are a vidicare assassin, a storm trooper, a Inquisitor(who was a psyker) and the Cleric Ascension carrer which escapes my mind for the time. They allready fought two soldier, a general and a psyker( who is currently in the coner peeing itself, literally!). I plan for them to encounter orks, my custom exodite world eldar, two spacemarine groups, two chaos space marine groups, tau, necrons( including the pariah allong witht the new necrons), Dark Eldar. The reptile xenos are trying to force all the other worlders from their planet but they don't want to kill them (Except for the Dark Eldar). The PC's have a chance to ally with the reptile xenos and cause a temp (if permanet ally ship with the Hive World). I plan for half way in the campaign for nids to show up and threaten the world

Well the first thing that strikes me is the word "Overkill". While I understand the need for alot of enemies in a game that seems to be very much focused on physical battle I do think that you are either planning this game in a very different way thanI normally due, or you are taking it a bit to far.  As I see it having all these races simultaniously invade an fight over a single planet seems a bit unlikely to me and I would personally boil it down to the Reptillians, the Imperials and one other group of enemies that can threaten the world - having all these guys all over the place will make it into a ***********.

Now it is of course possible that you just want to have all manner of enemies present that your players can blast and cut to pieces and that's one thing but I don't see it being able to work out very well when it comes to the getting the setting to make sense.

Also something that I wonder about is this - if the Imperials have managed to construct a whole freaking Hive World on this planet, how come that a race of Xenos have not only been able to survive without detection and following extermination, but also to maintain itself in a condition that can threaten the Imperial presence - and haven't figured out untill the human started building huge hive cities that they should do something about the humans? You may well have a very good explaination for this but this is an enigma for me.

I'll happily agree that I am a bit confused over this but there you have it.

You see Im not going to have the players encounter all teh enimies at once, that would be over kill. The players, depending on their actions, would cuase the other enimes to come. I plan for the planet to inhabit the imperium, adderclaws(the reptilian xenos) and orks on a distant island. The players, as the explore, may find a small tomb filled with necrons(though they would not know about it when they entered!) or several old and ancient web way gates that they could accidentaly activate having teh eldar (or dark eldar) coming here