Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Frog

The let's complain about how it has been ____ weeks/months with no previews thread!!!

43 posts in this topic

SolennelBern said:

Question: Can you play without an Overlord? Like in a 2-player game, can both players play Heroes and quest together/against?

No you cannot, Descent requires you play with an Overlord.  There are some fanmade solo/co-op rules, but I cannot say if they are much good or not.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As long as the rules are concrete they can take all the time they want. We were playing Sea of Blood tonight and I had to fudge a bunch of house rules with the Kraken luitenant because it is just a complete mess.

By the way, I am in the Diablo 3 beta. I cannot really talk about it, but if the rest of the game is as amazing as the first act, it will be one of the greatest games of all time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Aaediyen said:

As long as the rules are concrete they can take all the time they want. We were playing Sea of Blood tonight and I had to fudge a bunch of house rules with the Kraken luitenant because it is just a complete mess.

We played Sea of Blood twice before putting it away for good due to numerous rules issues and lack of support from FFG. I had hopes for a better rulebook than The Road to Legend but in many cases it was as bad or worse.  :(

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

z22 said:

Aaediyen said:

 

As long as the rules are concrete they can take all the time they want. We were playing Sea of Blood tonight and I had to fudge a bunch of house rules with the Kraken luitenant because it is just a complete mess.

 

 

We played Sea of Blood twice before putting it away for good due to numerous rules issues and lack of support from FFG. I had hopes for a better rulebook than The Road to Legend but in many cases it was as bad or worse.  :(

We canned our Seas of Blood campaign too.  When I first read through the rules, it seemed like they'd cleared up all the rules issues issues, but playing through it, it became apparent that there were far more there.  The kraken, as mentioned, was a complete mess, but just the see 'stuff' in general was borked, and having the start of every dungeon be a fixed island seemed like a great idea, until you realise the abusive trees are there for every dungeon.... *sob*

If we ever do another campaign, we'll use Road to Legend again, for sure.  There are just too many issues with Seas...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello, everyone.  I haven't yet posted in this forum, but I've been looking forward to this game (although I've never played the first edition).  There is a sizeable chance that this means precisely nothing, but I thought I would post with a bit of speculation: namely, that Infiltration, which was announced as being at the printers' three days after Descent Second Edition, has just had its first preview.  Could this mean Descent previews are on the way...?  I have no idea.  But it's a nice thought.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Walk said:

Hello, everyone.  I haven't yet posted in this forum, but I've been looking forward to this game (although I've never played the first edition).  There is a sizeable chance that this means precisely nothing, but I thought I would post with a bit of speculation: namely, that Infiltration, which was announced as being at the printers' three days after Descent Second Edition, has just had its first preview.  Could this mean Descent previews are on the way...?  I have no idea.  But it's a nice thought.

Descent will probably take a lot longer to print than Infiltration.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Indubitably.  I just meant that we might hopefully see some previews soon.  If Infiltration is indeed still printing, they probably just took a number of compononents from the print run (or used mock-ups) and took photos of them for the preview.  They could do the same for Descent.  Of course, this is probably just wishful thinking, as I said.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Walk said:

Hello, everyone.  I haven't yet posted in this forum, but I've been looking forward to this game (although I've never played the first edition).  There is a sizeable chance that this means precisely nothing, but I thought I would post with a bit of speculation: namely, that Infiltration, which was announced as being at the printers' three days after Descent Second Edition, has just had its first preview.  Could this mean Descent previews are on the way...?  I have no idea.  But it's a nice thought.

It's a nice thought...

 

...but I'm still expecting an April 1st post saying that Descent 2e is out in stores now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Walk said:

 

Indubitably.  I just meant that we might hopefully see some previews soon.  If Infiltration is indeed still printing, they probably just took a number of compononents from the print run (or used mock-ups) and took photos of them for the preview.  They could do the same for Descent.  Of course, this is probably just wishful thinking, as I said.

 

 

 

Most of the promo shots for FFG games are CGI, not photographs.  Just look at the preview images - does any of it look remotely "real" to you?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes, all the promo shots, especialy those in the movies are all CGI. But at GenCon 2011 there was a printed prototype of the box and inserts with tokens and map pieces.

I got a funny feeling that this topic will be one of the longest and most visited here.

Even Infiltration got a preview, and Fortress America is on the boat and those were annouced later then Descent 2ed.  And we are getting nothing?

Where are those previews FFG? The 2Q has started so when will we see somethig from this game?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ok, so April's Fool is now behind us and nothing new about De Scent...(yes, pun intended, and it's starting to fouly smell).

*** For the French allergic, "De" means "The" *** lengua.gif

We're now officially started the impatient customer mood machine with 2 threads speaking about the lack of news since the august 2011 annoucement. 

I don't get the behavior really.  Why would a supposedly serious, and one of the biggest in the industry, company would act like that and don't give a F about it's fan base and customers?  What's the point and what do they get out of this?  Are they tied to some dark pact with another ethereal entity to not let anything out about Descent 2nd on penalty of being transofrmed into talking toads and losing all their stuff for 3 rounds? What it's worth to push us aside?  Are we that expandable? What's the secret of the caramilk? Is the secret Big Mac sauce really is sauce?

How about a simple and well respected Mea Culpa saying "Hey guys, sorry about the lack of Descent news but we're made a pact with Terrinoth's oldest and cunniest demon and we can't break the oath.  If we do, we'll make games including wooden animals and thin tokens for the rest of our careers!!!"

I don't think we're asking for much and almost 8 months of nothing, a "Sorry but this information is not available" is not acceptable.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 I tottaly agree!

 

One silly sentences will do much more then this silence we are experiencing :( Sad is, i will still definetly buy this game.  Iam feeling like junkie who is repeatedly beated by his dealer but still coming for more stuff. 

 

Well, it this keep up, i can write descent 2 on my christmass wish list :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

SolennelBern said:

Are they tied to some dark pact with another ethereal entity to not let anything out about Descent 2nd on penalty of being transofrmed into talking toads and losing all their stuff for 3 rounds?

How about a simple and well respected Mea Culpa saying "Hey guys, sorry about the lack of Descent news but we're made a pact with Terrinoth's oldest and cunniest demon and we can't break the oath.  If we do, we'll make games including wooden animals and thin tokens for the rest of our careers!!!"

I don't agree, sir...

...I believe Great CTHULHU is the corporate horror that they've tied themselves to. gui%C3%B1o.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Doc Belmont said:

SolennelBern said:

Are they tied to some dark pact with another ethereal entity to not let anything out about Descent 2nd on penalty of being transofrmed into talking toads and losing all their stuff for 3 rounds?

 

How about a simple and well respected Mea Culpa saying "Hey guys, sorry about the lack of Descent news but we're made a pact with Terrinoth's oldest and cunniest demon and we can't break the oath.  If we do, we'll make games including wooden animals and thin tokens for the rest of our careers!!!"

 

 

I don't agree, sir...

...I believe Great CTHULHU is the corporate horror that they've tied themselves to. gui%C3%B1o.gif

That would explain many things! I think you're right!!!!!!!!!!!! ahhh

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We are now at 8 months and no previews!

It seems FFG played a "Gust of Winds" Overlord card on us!  That is why our torches have been blown out and we are crawling through the dark for any information!

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm getting nervous! It's been more then 8 months wiuth no preview, no news no nothing!

I'm just sick of this waiting.

It looks like someone at FFG is thinking - You gonna buy this game anyway so You don't need no news. We don't care!

And the most funny thing is that this game is ready becouse foreign language caompanies that will produce there Descent edition in other language then English are having prototypes for play.

So why the ... FFG says nothing. The game is ready and we don't get even a word of information when it's comming out. I don't care about previews, videos or any thing else but they could at least say when we are going to see it in stores.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

And thus does it go.  We voice speculations, complaints, demands, questions, seeking any bit of information, and FFG is silent.  The worst part of it is that we don't know why.  Does the company know of this shrine of anticipation?  Has any employee ever looked at these forums, or read these posts, or thought of communicating, even a word?  Was it a conscious decision not to inform us?  Did they merely not consider it a priority?  Did no one have the time to put together a preview?  Would it set a bad precedent to speak directly to the players, to gift them with a few words?  It must be one of these, or some other permutation.  One of these must be true, must be known to some, but for us, there is nothing, just an absence, a waiting for something, anything, a hope that the next news item on the main page will have the new logo.  It is strange how connected everyone on the internet is, and yet how such a void can form and take on character.

And what will it be when the first preview comes out?  What will come of this waiting when the game finally arrives?  Will we forget?  Surely, these threads must fade into the morass of abandoned topics, to be replaced with new excitements and reviews and questions.  Will everything join them there?  Will all the time spent waiting, and thinking, and begging, and hoping, fade as well?  Will these words I send out into the void be just a memory, or not even that?  Will it all be subsumed?  Is waiting-for-Descent no more than an aspect of Descent?  If the game never comes out, if FFG shuts its doors first, if the sky rains down fire and obliterates all that we know, will the time spent on this forum mean anything?  Can this soon-to-be relic of our hope really be said to exist?  I have no idea.

...It would appear that I have too much time on my hands.

Godspeed, Descent previews.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 Well, you can take a "anyone there" test. Just post something policicaly incorect or something racial oriented. We will measure the time which it take to admins to give you a BAN. Then, we will have our proof :)

 

(this post is not aggressive oriented, iam in the same mood like you :) )

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0