Sign in to follow this  
Kennon

2 Champs and a Chump- Episode 48: Where Teasers Lie?

I don't like Daario honestly. I think he will be pretty blah most of the time. The reason being that his ability is passive. You are pretty much banking that they'll have at least one knight at some point (I'm not including traitor here because there really aren't that many). I feel like that's going to happen a lot less than people think. Compare him to Oakheart who is three for three renown and his ability is triggered and not passive. Even Jorah is better since there will be more allies/mercs and he is at least three for three joust. I will still put one Daario in most targ decks, but I still would only give him like three out of five stars.

Daario is terrible. Maybe that will change in time, but right now he's a complete liability. The tricons is nice, but Targ are the house of tricons anyhow and there are better options. Now and again he's going to be amazing and people will say 'I told you he was good!', right before going on a run of five games where they can't even drop him.

Maybe, just maybe, if people want to play fortified position he could be a decent gamble. Otherwise he's destined for obscurity.

I've been up against a number of decks that don't even run the Ally trait because of the hate.  I feel more confident that there will be a Knight to discard than an Ally these days.

Bomb said:

I've been up against a number of decks that don't even run the Ally trait because of the hate.  I feel more confident that there will be a Knight to discard than an Ally these days.

If your meta is stark/gj heavy that might be the case. Baratheon will be mostly just running arrogant contender and/or royal entourage.  With Martell, Lanni and Targ you will always hit something good especially with lannister as all of their utility characters are allies. I still would go with Jorah as I see way many ally/mercenaries than knight/traitors. Also +1 str which keeps him protected from VB seals the deal for me.

Thou I still have to ask why no house divided on the top... ;)

and we need a player type name for ubercharater players... how about a Mountain with the "ME SMASH" attitude?

Couple small things I like about Daario. First, he's a little less vulnerable to opposing trait hate (ie Varys). Second, I like that he works better with Pike Phalanx. They both have small things to like about them that add up. There will be some Mercenary support in Narrow Sea (ex Recruitment) although I can't say for sure it will make Daario radically better.

Ire said:

Bomb said:

Thou I still have to ask why no house divided on the top... ;)

and we need a player type name for ubercharater players... how about a Mountain with the "ME SMASH" attitude?

1. I think A House Divided was the best card in the pack; no idea why my cohosts disagree lengua.gif

2.  I love that idea.

House Divided rocks.  End...of...story. 

Daario is meh.  Lots of shortcomings all around, the 2 strength being a huge one.  I would probably run him in Targ, but he wouldn't be the first card in any deck, not by a long shot.