Sign in to follow this  
player16150

Miskatonic horror is this the end ?

You COULD be right, but I doubt it.  FFG is just extremely tight-lipped about spoiling any upcoming AH products ahead of its time.

If FFG was really done with Arkham Horror--mind you, one of their most (if not THE most) popular game in their stable--then I doubt they'd be putting out the monster miniatures for it.  FFG HAS to know that anything new they come up with already has a teeming mass of fans ready to snap it up.  That's "guaranteed market" and they're just not going to walk away from that.  Not yet.

blpegaso said:

Why i believe that this is the last of it ?

The game will be over ?

Yep, the game will soon be over.  The last game is scheduled to take place on March 30, 2012, just before the Mayan Apocalypse.  Make sure that you've sold all your worldly goods by then.  Except for Arkham Horror, of course. 

Miskatonic horror is this the end ? 

Well, FFG put out an expansion for expansions, no sane company does that, and they made a buck out of it. AH is a very strong seller, so I wouldn't be surprised if they did something with it to keep the people buying. And I mean besides the figures, which are nice, but not necessary to play. So I wouldn't count on MH being the last expansion.

I expect FFG are simply giving Arkham Horror a "rest". They have other Lovecraft lines in development and may not wish to spread themselves too thin.

As others have stated, Arkham is a good earner for the company, but there is already a variety of large/small expansions and now several lines of figures. FFG may be a little wary of milking it dry.

Personally, I feel that there are 'enough' expansions for the game as it stands. If there were to be more I would hope for something completely diferent, such as a stand alone expansion that works with the base game board but plays quite differently. Perhaps a whole new kind of mythos deck and new winning/losing conditions.

Krawhitham said:

I expect FFG are simply giving Arkham Horror a "rest". They have other Lovecraft lines in development and may not wish to spread themselves too thin.

As others have stated, Arkham is a good earner for the company, but there is already a variety of large/small expansions and now several lines of figures. FFG may be a little wary of milking it dry.

Personally, I feel that there are 'enough' expansions for the game as it stands. If there were to be more I would hope for something completely diferent, such as a stand alone expansion that works with the base game board but plays quite differently. Perhaps a whole new kind of mythos deck and new winning/losing conditions.

I agree, AH needs some new winning / loss conditions. House rules fills the gap but new winning mechanics is the way to go for this baby.

I would be thrilled with a reprint of Black Goat of the Woods.  

It is the weakest expansion and could use some love.  I mean look what the reprint of Pharoh did!  That is my favorite small box now.  But you never get to join the cult.

mentorius said:

Enough expansions!!!! ...and you all know what we REALLY need. Starts with F...

F is for "funnybone" because obviously you only say that in jest!

Adding expansions to AH at this point is a bit redundant. (Hell, it was redundant about three expansions back). Tbh I'd be happier to see a new edition of the game which gives the rules an overhaul.

For a while it seemed to me that FFG must have a policy of not doing new editions, probably since a new edition is not a particularly big draw for casual players. But 'Descent' has now had a second edition so who knows.

thecorinthian said:

Adding expansions to AH at this point is a bit redundant. (Hell, it was redundant about three expansions back).

Three expansions back was Innsmouth. While that would be the one board I would let go, I'd still rather have it than not.

In any case, redundancy was thrown for a loop when Miskatonic was released because it tied all the previous ones together for the first time.

What I'm saying is—keep them coming!

Remember when the first summer league was previewed? Remember when I thought it was going to be a Yig expansion? I was disappointed.

Now with a certain recent novel adding clout to the somewhat lacking Yig mythos, there should be a good amount of material to roll with.