Sign in to follow this  
sofia4_4

Finally!!! Print on Demand for WFRP!!! :)

The more I think about it the more I like the idea of PODs.

Rulewise I think FFG will have covered it all once Hero's Call comes out. There might be an elf box and some additional careers coming out but for the most parts that should be it. Everything else could be added in form of small PODs.

This gets my hopes up that FFG will start to concentrate on adventures and campaigns.

Aye moving on...

In regards to the product, I don't think I'll purchase that one because I don't even have any priests in my group happy.gif

My biggest wish, would be to be able to get doubles of excisting cards, without the need to get a whole expansion, because some cards several of my players want.

Interesting - and in my opinion welcome - development.

That POD comes to the game world should really strike no one as a surprise, and it moves towards the concept of greater individual choice for the consumer and greater flexibility and adaptability for the manufacturer.

...and as pointed out above, it allows them to support that game at lower cost and risk.

While we may not all be excited about the Sigmar Priest pack, this does open the door for the Bright Wizard pack, the Myrmidia priest pack, etc.

If Esdevium Games will bring it to Europe that I'm hoping for more. Still waiting to know something about this.

We really need more Blessing and Spells for the curent priest/mage careers - specialy for the Rank 1 - 3 heros but the Rank 4-5 is also good. let's hope that FFG will cover all this and still keeps us supported with new box supplement.

I wonder what will come after Hero's Call? Let's hope the Wood Elves expansion with Bretonnia rules or an enemy expansion like Skaven.

PzVIE said:

My FLGS won't get this ("No PoD").

So I tried to order this. Shipping to the Old World (Austria). $38 extra. This is insane.

I'm a little pissed off.

Same here. My local shop won't or CAN'T order them, and it will cost me $25 to ship a tiny, $5 product to Ottawa, Canada. I can order a whole heavy box of stuff from Amazon Europe OVERSEAS and it would cost me less.

What the hell? What kind of business model is this?!?

EDIT: Err, more on topic: I think that these things are a GOOD idea, I just wish that I could actually buy them more easily. No way in hell am I paying that much for shipping.

Necrozius said:

PzVIE said:

So I tried to order this. Shipping to the Old World (Austria). $38 extra. This is insane.

I'm a little pissed off.

Same here. My local shop won't or CAN'T order them, and it will cost me $25 to ship a tiny, $5 product to Ottawa, Canada. I can order a whole heavy box of stuff from Amazon Europe OVERSEAS and it would cost me less.

What the hell? What kind of business model is this?!?

EDIT: Err, more on topic: I think that these things are a GOOD idea, I just wish that I could actually buy them more easily. No way in hell am I paying that much for shipping.

Contact the guys at FFG's customers service. They might fix a more resonable mail fee for you. They have helped me out on several occasions.

Whoa, what was the shipping cost to Canada?

Mine was $5.00, ordering a Mansions of Madness POD at same time, to Toronto.

Shame about FLGS, I've seen other POD stuff (Lord of Rings card game) in one of my FLGS.

PzVIE said:

I'm a little pissed off.

If you add me as a friend, when we get these in our shop, I'll take them up to thepost office and find out the exact cost to post them and let you know, then if you like I can bill you by paypal.

chrull said:

Got my set of Faith of Sigmar today here in Stockholm, Sweden. :)

From SF-bokhandeln or did you order from FFG?
Got to check SF in Gothenburg if it was there you got it. :)

k7e9 said:

chrull said:

Got my set of Faith of Sigmar today here in Stockholm, Sweden. :)

From SF-bokhandeln or did you order from FFG?
Got to check SF in Gothenburg if it was there you got it. :)

I ordered it from FFG.

SFbok Stockholm has really gone down hill and I hesitate to buy stuff there now. They are really indifferent to selling RPG/boardgames and seem more interested to drink coffee and wait for a Anime/Manga/Twilight customer.

34,70 to send to Brazil.

The good news is they keep the same shipping cost for up to 10 units. And then it becomes 38 and something, till 15 units, at least.

I think I'll just have to wait till they release the cards for the rest of the orders. Of course, if I choose to buy just some of them, it won't be cost effective. As it's a POD, the online stores where I usualy buy don't have it. It's a shame.

I'll wait and see what I'll do. And try not to eat all my fingernails. Hope they will release the a bunch of new material together, but something tells me it won't be the case.