Sign in to follow this  
sofia4_4

Finally!!! Print on Demand for WFRP!!! :)

It makes the Priest of Sigmar to be the most comprehensively covered class in the game. There isn't going to be a "Signs of Faith 2." This is a good substitute for those who want more for this very specific, but very popular, character. I don't think it's complicating the game too much. It's just allowing for more official content options.

It could be a pain for a completeist/collector if they don't particularly want these fleshed out classes being expanded because it comes out to about 55 cents per card, where I am, after shipping and tax. I am more in this category. I am going to wait to see the pacing of the releases of Print on Demand to see if it fits my budget.

This is awesome!

I'm rich so 7 USD is cheap. I see this as a perfect deal for the serious Sigmarite priest player. As a GM I probably won't pick up all pod releases, just the ones that will get actual usage in play. Nevertheless, I love me some WFRP3! 

Having bought almost all expansions for the game I were hoping they would slow down the flood of cards - I totally see this as a slowing down. It is much easier, for me, to say "don't need more Sigmarite spells, won't buy" to this pod release as opposed to turning down the Signs of Faith box, for instance. 

Bravo FFG, way to push forward and continue with the development of the most innovative roleplaying game this side of Greg Stolze et al. .

I really appreciate this. They've run low on career options, so really only thing left is expand actions, which works well in that format.

I'm running TEW, and after that I heavily converted DoomStone campaign, so I don't really need adventures (although I always buy them when they come...).

I think this is great news, and have already ordered my set for delivery to the UK. The announcement also clearly states that these PoD packs are not a replacement for the normal boxed releases - so the more the merrier I say!

I have purchased the Death Angel PoD packs in the past and each time they have arrived direct from FFG about 1 week after ordering. The quality of the cards is very good - the only really difference when compared to the boxed cards is the lack of the linen finish. The delivery cost is $3.60 to the UK which seems pretty reasonable for international P&P.

chikago666 said:

Im just waiting a POD with all the corrected cards, like que Aqshy or the Dark elf dragon armor. I´d pay for that.

I agree an errata POD would be wonderful. I'd would pay for it.

Romus said:

I got me 2 copies...   now give us:

Career cards with selectable character art that includes the same art on the career ability card

Customized Packs, select any 14 cards you would like copies of and print away. 

I love it. A new release is announced on something that people have been clamoring for, and with only a minor celebration people are outlining the specifics of their next demand.  Classic internet!

In a related note: I would shiv a hobo for an Errata based POD. 

Emirikol said:

There's quite a lively discussion regarding this topic going on at rpg.net.  forum.rpg.net/showthread.php

jh

Well, this was to be expected. The people who didn't like it before, doesn't like this...

They didn't like the itz and bitz, then the hardcover rules came, and well... they were also bad, some how...

No clue why people bother to post, flaming something, they're already not playing, and likely never have tried.

I know I should stay away from those threads, they make me boil inside.

Threads like those are an example of why our world goes down the drain, due to people who are unwilling to be open to changes and to be positive about possible new things. How can you flame something you've only seen in a package??? It's like when someone of a different "colour" walks towards you and you grab hold of all things of value, it sickens me.

Whether it's computer games or pen and paper. RPGers sure know how to rant rave and flame :D amazes me how often I have to not fall of my chair at the drama of it all and  remind myself, "S'all right. Just gamers being gamers"

Its as consistent as the setting sun! Just waiting for the day I look at what I've written and realize I'm getting my rant on.

Spivo said:

I know I should stay away from those threads, they make me boil inside.

Threads like those are an example of why our world goes down the drain, due to people who are unwilling to be open to changes and to be positive about possible new things. How can you flame something you've only seen in a package??? It's like when someone of a different "colour" walks towards you and you grab hold of all things of value, it sickens me.

Yeah, you should definitely stay out of those threads. They cause you to become irrational and resort to broadly slagging v2 and its players instead of countering specific points. You always seem to think this is a v2 vs v3 issue when it's really not. i.e. "People must be criticising v3 because they're v2 fanboys!"

Overall I think this is probably good news for the game in that it shows active support by FFG, and it allows them to make some more money (I guess the two are relatedgui%C3%B1o.gif).  Too many otherwise good game companies have gone to the wall through lack of good business sense.  The key is balancing income generation against aggravating existing customers with needless or badly thought through 'add-ons'/revisions and the like.

I do agree with Universal Head in some respects though - lets hope these sorts of expansions aren't the focus of FFG commitment at the cost of putting out more general background, specific settings, etc.

James Sparrow said:

Spivo said:

How can you flame something you've only seen in a package???

The same way you can condemn someone after only reading the subject line and not bothering to read the actual thread.

Cheers

Sparrow

hmm... not sure I condemned anyone anyone... and I do though condemn a subject line filled with negativity, and then complaining that people brought negativity into the thread.

I would not have bothered giving constructive critizism had he (or is it you?) not sounded like he was surprised the thread derailed, because threads like that are pretty common on rpg.net.

Would be quite rough to condemn someone based on anything they write out here...

Herr Arnulfe, please try not to get this thread closed as well by making comments about something people have never said or implied in any threads.