Sign in to follow this  
Sorc101

Fire Wizard question..

Fire Wizard card says he adds his craft to his die roll when using that fireball ability

Ok so last night someone playing the minotaur wants to attack the fire wizard

The fire wizard uses his fireball ability which at that point the dude had 14 craft

He adds 14 to his die roll the minotaurs strength was like 8-10

It was an automatic life basically now does the battle end because the minotaur lost a life or does it keep going and the minotaur gets to stampede since he was the initiator of the battle?

Very confused...fire wizard seems broken

I let him chill in the CoC and had the clockwork owl and went back and forth between healer and castle and just kept upping my strength as a wizard til i had 4 big cones and went up there and won the game.

Sorc101 said:

Fire Wizard card says he adds his craft to his die roll when using that fireball ability

Ok so last night someone playing the minotaur wants to attack the fire wizard

The fire wizard uses his fireball ability which at that point the dude had 14 craft

He adds 14 to his die roll the minotaurs strength was like 8-10

It was an automatic life basically now does the battle end because the minotaur lost a life or does it keep going and the minotaur gets to stampede since he was the initiator of the battle?

Very confused...fire wizard seems broken

I let him chill in the CoC and had the clockwork owl and went back and forth between healer and castle and just kept upping my strength as a wizard til i had 4 big cones and went up there and won the game.

Pyroblast works "before you engage in battle" and works exactly like the Fireball Spell from Reaper Expansion or any other Spell/Ability with the same wording.

You resolve the Pyroblast effect but you're not inside the battle yet; it is considered battle only when you're rolling dice for combat scores. So, Fire Wizard can automatically take a Life from the charging Minotaur, but then battle takes place normally and the stampeding guy can surely prevail.

Fire Wizard is indeed a good Character, but he's fairly better when playing with Dragons expansion than in a standard Talisman game. Still, he was used twice since I got Dragons and won both games...

He gains a spell at the start of every turn so with 6 craft he can get 1 spell per turn and in 3 turns have 3 spells 
He has that fireball that pretty much is automatic life loss if u go after him
I'd say that is pretty beasty.. He almost won last night but the 22 str wizard had other thoughts!

Thank you for the clarification!  We had agreed that he can be attacked and not use the ability during defending;
But thanks for the fix.

Sorc101 said:

He gains a spell at the start of every turn so with 6 craft he can get 1 spell per turn and in 3 turns have 3 spells 
He has that fireball that pretty much is automatic life loss if u go after him
I'd say that is pretty beasty.. He almost won last night but the 22 str wizard had other thoughts!

Pyroblast scares strong Characters away, as in most cases it's an automatic life loss even if they can win the combat easily. It can be used in combination with other Spells to pack a wallop on unaware Characters; with a pyroblast, Fireball, Spell Call and regular battle combo, I managed to take 4 Lives from a Character in one single Combat. Replace Fireball with Finger of Death and I could have taken 6.

Of course, this was a unique combination, but with regular access to Spells and new cards that allow to draw multiple Spells and discard what you do not want, or search the Spell discard pile, those things can happen more often.

im still fairly new i played around 8-9 games only won the last 2 with reaper and dungeon im not a fan of the dragon exp but they used the fire wizard in the dungeon game last night clearly broken he got to the CoC while everyone else went to the dungeon lol

spell call is ridiculous